• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

change in period but had a negative preg test last month. still having symptoms

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi there all out there. I am new t this site and was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience that i am ahaving right now. Lat month my period was 2 weeks late. I go t very excited and thought that i might be pregnant. I went out and bought a pregnancy test and I had the very disappointing negative reading. I must say that i was sterilized 3 years ago while i was in a very abusive marriage, and since then I have moved on and found a wonderful man who accepted myself and my children as his own. I would love it if we could have a child together. To get back on track with my story, after the negative test my period "showed up", but it was completely different to what im normally used to. It was more like spotting, brown in colour and lasted for only about 3 days, where i normally get a very heavy period for about 2 days and then a further 3-4 days light period. 

this month my "period" was about a month late and was just a very light spotting which lasted for only 1 day. I have not done a nother preg test but I have been having a few other symptoms such as a distended abdo, and the past week I easily eat about a kilo of green grapes a day and i have lots of headaches and am very tired. Sometimes i feel like I cant even get up the stairs. I also have swollen ancles and a very weird symptom of a stuffy nose on certain days but no flu or sinus symptoms.

What do you ladies out there think?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

How were you 'sterilized'? The odds of getting pregnant years after permanent birth control are next to none. You are most likely not pregnant. 

ninamommy32
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I had a tubal ligation done. Thats the only thing that keeps me from thinking that I am preg. although a few of my nursing friends have told me that the tubes can grow back together. I dont know if it can, hence my confusement.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I would take another test and see a doctor. The swelling, exhaustion, and distended abdomen are a bit concerning if you aren't pregnant.

stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM
test again and see your primary doctor first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)