Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
How young is too young to have a baby? Im 21 and hear people say "your still to young" all the time. Im 100% confused bc back then our parents and our parents, parents where younger then me having children. I have my own place, had 2 jobs (got laid off) and still in college. But age isnt nothing but a number. How old were u when u had ur first child?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Replies (101-109):
puglove19
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my first and I am 18. I don't think age matters when you have a kid. I think it more depends on how mature and ready you are. You can  be 18 with your life together and be shamed upon. That or you can be 28 and immature as all hell and not be able to pay bills nor yourself. So therefore age shouldn't matter.

LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I was 15 when I had my first. Just turned 19 when I had my second. Now I'm 23 and pregnant with my third! I definitely depends on the person, not the age.

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
We were 19 (less than a month from 20) married nearly 2 years, living on our own, hubby made enough for me to stay home which was big for both of us. We had good health insurance and were happy.
I dont think other people can decide what you are ready for but you are young:)
beckyaj110
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 20 when DD was born, I'm now 21 and Ill be 22 when these twins are born. IMO its about maturity level not physical age. I've met young parents who do an amazing job and people who are 30+ and still not able to handle parenthood.
childofgod04
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I was 19 when I got pregnant and had my son. I got the you're too young speech all the time even though I'm married. I'm now 20 and he'll be 1 in June and still get it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Theaterchick
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I got pregnant at 20 with my twins and I'm pregnant with my 3rd and I'm 22.

I got that too tho as well and didn't understand
theresa531
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM

i was 19

Emily123456
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I was 14 when I had my first and I'm 25 and my2nd is 16 months
maof1soon2b2
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I was 23 and people said I looked like I was 16 having a baby. Pissed me off to no end but screw em! As long as you know you're ready then just say "well then I'll be able to have the energy to run and play and chase them instead of being older and having less energy!" :P on them as I say!!! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)