Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Weird to give my daughter my middle name??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 39 Replies

Do you guys thinks it's weird for me and my daughter to have the same middle name?? My middle name is the only thing that really flows with her first name...and there really isn't anyone close enough to me to name her after..

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scperdomo
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Not at all! If our 2nd ended up a girl, I was going to give her my middle name.

But, as luck would have it, we had another boy and he, like his big brothers, got daddy's middle name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Dd and I have the same middle name (my maiden name) so we'll share that until she gets married
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM

My grandmother's name is Gloria and she named my mother Debbie Gloria.

Sondi7
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I have the same middle name as my mother and if I have a girl, I intend on passing the name along.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I think it's neat! : ) Men name their children after then all the time! : ) And, I have been doing genealogy, it was not uncommon for women to give their daughters their first and/or middle name! : ) 

WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I have my moms middle name and I love it! :-)

brittany208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope. Not at all. Men name their children after themselves all the time. My DH's middle name is his dad's first name. My brother's first name is my dad's middle name. I don't like when a child/parent has the exact same FIRST name, but middle name, sure!

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM
This!

Quoting brittany208:

Nope. Not at all. Men name their children after themselves all the time. My DH's middle name is his dad's first name. My brother's first name is my dad's middle name. I don't like when a child/parent has the exact same FIRST name, but middle name, sure!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasmineJoy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM

No, I have a friend who gave her daughter her middle name. I gave my daughter my sister's middle name and my sister gave her daughter my middle name :)

butterflycircle
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM

In my family the first born girl has the same middle name.  My grandma, my mom, me, my cousin, my daughter. 

I knwo that is slightly different. I don't think it is weird to give her your middle name. Deff not any "weirder" than a guy nameing a son after himself with the first name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)