Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I losing it???

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay long story short I had a normal period June 15th to June 18th 2012, July comes and I have spotting for one day on the 11th wasn't even enough to worry about a pad. Didn't think anything of it until August comes and I don't get any bleeding at all.

So now I'm pregnant according to the doctors they are going by the spotting in July the say I'm 34 weeks 2 days today.

I think I'm crazy or losing it cause I feel like I'm totally farther than that I feel like I'm probably around 37 or 38 weeks. The baby literly has no more room to move at all and when he does move it feels like he is about to rip me open and I have so much pressure and I have dilated to 2cm already. I've never dilated early with my other kids and I've never gone in to pre term labor. Yes I know every pregnancy is different. But my mother intuition is telling me that I may be farther along than we all think.

So my question to you is, could I be further along than we think? Could the spotting in July just have been implantation bleeding? And should I see about another ultrasound to get an idea of how big he is?

I had one at 12 weeks that said I was due April 22nd, 2013, but he apparently had a slow start by the time I had my gender ultradsound I should have been around 20 weeks by the date they are using and by my fundal height he is due April 16th, 2013.

So I'm thinking he may have just had a slow start.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry about another ultrasound. I would just wait and see when you go into labor. That should answer it for you.

Armywife8807
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM

That's what I was gonna do, but my concern with that is they keep trying to stop any contractions I do have to prevent him from coming. If he is ready to come and far enough along I would rather them not stop them though.

proudmommy2b20
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM

maybe you can try getting a second opinion from another doctor? :)

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Doctors can be wrong. I had an early ultrasound with my second child (there's supose to be accurate with dating) They were off by 2 weeks which we found out when they did an amnio to  induce me and his lungs weren't developed. If you really think the baby's ready stop going in and  let labor progress naturally. BUT if your wrong you risk your baby not being ready to be born! In your case I'd wait till 36 weeks and then if it tries to come out let it. An ultrasound now WON'T be accurate!

Quoting Armywife8807:

That's what I was gonna do, but my concern with that is they keep trying to stop any contractions I do have to prevent him from coming. If he is ready to come and far enough along I would rather them not stop them though.

-mamas-
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
My last period was June 23rd and I'm due March 30th. I'm 37 weeks today. So if your last period was really in June and not July, you'd be due in the next couple weeks. So you should see soon enough if you're right =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama_heather
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

You can refuse treatment. Tell them that you don't want them to stop the contractions...they can't do anything if you tell them no. I would also get a second opinion from another doctor. Doctor's aren't always right. Stick to your gut feeling. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)