• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38 weeks pregnant with twins belly& the end is in sight! *Labor UPDATE!*

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 39 Replies
5 moms liked this

Hey ladies, hope ya'll are doing well with your pregnancies, babies and those still ttc :) To update ya'll I had a dr apt today for 38weeks, god I never thought I would make it this far! Anyways my dr gave me a choice, she said ether she can induce this evening or give me the weekend and she would induce Monday morning. I am 3 cms dialated and all is ready to go! I decided that I will give it the weekend, hope to pop naturally and wait it out till Monday if not. I can't believe I will only be preggo for a max of 2 more days! I am so ready to have these boys out and in my arms!

UPDATE: I woke up this morning with no new signs so I waddled out of bed, got my husband, and demanded the deed one last time. So after finishing, and no new signs again, we decided to go to a local breakfast spot, we hadn't been sitting for more than 10 mins when I started having contrax, we decided we would leave and head to the hospital. As I stood up, and started walking  I had the strongest contraction yet, and than splat, my Water broke in the middle of the resterraunt, wasn't helping I was wearing a dress. I am checked in at the hospital, all is good. If I can I will update before things pick up.I can't believe it's finally my turn to go through labor and meet my sons!

UPDATE: Alright ladies just wanted to get on here while I had a second and update yall. Jaxon Thomas and Dirk Jordan were born at 6:42 pm on 3/9 after only 8 hours of labor! After my water broke at breakfast and I was admitted into L&D at 11:30 AM. The first two hours were not bad at all, I was pregressing and my contractions stayed fairly low pain, after receving my epidural which I was trying to avoid having as long as I could, (my dr who had given birth vagnally to twins her self strongly encouraged it) ABout 45 mins after my epidural my contractions picked up and became extremely painful. I continued laboring until 5:30ish, my dr at that point moved me into surgery in case during the vaginal birth I would have to have an emergency c section. In total I only pushed for about 45 mins it took nearly 40 mins of pushing for Jaxon to be born, and Dirks came out in less than 5 mins! Jaxson weighed 6lbs 2oz and Dirks 6lbs 9 oz. I'll post pics once I am off of my IPad and also I have the video of it I plan to post with it, thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes! I can't believe I am a mom!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angel17sa
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Awwee ur belly is super cute! Hope all goes well!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, you look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Awe yay!

willsmoms
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You deserve a medal. I am 37 weeks pregnant with one and I am in so much pain. Way to go.
Theemom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM
You look great for carrying twin...
Streetable
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Congratulations!! That's fantastic! I'm due with twins in June and b/c my first pregnancy was C-section my Dr. has said I'll be OK to schedule their bday at 38 weeks. Right where you're at today. I'm only 25 weeks now so I have a ways to go and it seems like forever. What a crazy ride, huh? Any good tips on how to make it to where you are healthy & happy? And enjoy your last weekend with the circus in your belly! :)

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM
:) looking great!
JasmineJoy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM

aww so cute :)

MommyRinda
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Congrats honey, but i feel ya, I had twin boys Dec. 5th 2011, seems just like yesterday I walking around complaining about my back. I hope all goes well for you.
Heather2001
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Congrats!  Fingers crossed that you go into labor naturally!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)