Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurry this process up PLEASE

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 19 Replies

Well to start...I am 40 weeks TODAY!! I had a doctor appointment yesturday and they asked me: are you feeling any contractions? YES ( about 15 mintues apart) are you having pressure? YES LOTS IN MY BACK!!  

So they layed me back and did that whole :this is more uncomftably for me then it is you (as they put there hand inside you lol) and told me: well your water has not broke and your only 1 and half centimeters dilated...if your water doesnt break by Thursday come in and we will go from there.....

NOW MY QUESTION!!!!!!!

What can I do to speed this whole thing up....I have tired walking, walking up and down stairs, rocking back and forth, sex, and even bumpy car rides......all thats happening is my back is hurting more!!!! 

I know being pregant is a wonderful thing but I just cant do it anymore....its time for her to enter this world....

PLEASE HELP

-New Mommy 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Izzy_pop
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

try to eat some fresh pineapple (core and stuff.) I swear it worked for me.

Mumof2boys03
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Lots of walking and lots of sex! 

Amycapl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM

baby's not quite ready yet :)  any day now... try to be patient!!!

CafeMom Tickers
QuickMomma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Raspberry leaf tea and evening prime rose oil.I drank the tea 3 times a day.The evening prime rose oil I took 3 in the morning and put 2 in my vagjna.Had sex which helped push them up more.Started contracting and had him the next day ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Tons of pineapple, rolling on a yoga ball, pedicures (theres a pressure point on the ankle), and relaxing n.drinking tons of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Castor oil. Never used it since I went into labor just before 39 weeks but a friend of mine swears by it. I think it works for some and not for others but she said she took it and then walked on the beach (we are in Florida) and had her son that day. Something to try
brittany208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Nothing worked for me last time. and I did TONS of walking and plenty of sex. I was induced at 41weeks exactly. You can try a bumpy sled ride... I went on one earlier this winter and thought "wow, I'm glad I'm not farther along or this would send me into labor for sure!!" or just be patient--baby will come when s/he's ready.

Heather2001
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Be patient.  Nothing you can do will really make much difference.  Baby comes when baby wants.  You're best off waiting until you go into labor naturally.

livingrlovesong
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Sex, spicy food, pineapple, pepperoni pizza, have sex again. And walk walk walk.
lovingmom0318
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Izzy_pop:

try to eat some fresh pineapple (core and stuff.) I swear it worked for me.

How does pineapple help put u in labor I never heard of that one not trying to be rude or anything just a question I'm 36 weeks and I usually eat a lot of pineapple and I don't want to go into labor right now

its a boy Nathanael Zachariah Curtis Murphy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)