Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice on Maternity Belt Choice based on my Frame & Needs? Pls Help!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm barely 5'2" and curvy before pregnancy. (I'd say ~size 8/10 on top & 10/12 on bottom.) Now I'm just over 6 mo pregnant with TWINS and wow am I filling out! I definitely need to purchase a maternity band for support under my expanding belly, and I'm also thinking about vaginal support (I've seen things called V2 belts?) for the occasional vulvar swelling I'm starting to experience. This is my 2nd pregnancy, so I'm not new to the aches & pains, but having two babies in there is just increasing everything exponentially.

Here's where you come in: What do I buy?? I'm petite in height but certainly not in weight. I know I'm going to get a lot bigger, but I need support now AND in the future, so adjustability would be nice. I've seen belts, bands; with straps, without straps, but most aren't cheap and I haven't found any good reviews to make up my mind definitively. And do I look for the belly support separately from any groin support or do I try to find a combo product?

Especially if you have a frame similar to mine, but even if not, I'd love to hear your experiences and recommendations, please!!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Heather2001
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I don't have any experience with this, but maybe someone else has!  Or you could find a local maternity store and ask one of the employees.  They'd probably know.  Or call one of the manufacturers.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Sorry i don't. Even know what to tell you. I was fitted with a brace my last pregnancy in the hospital by my doctor at about 28 weeks to keep him off my hips. It did all you are talking about as well. I'm 5'3. Maybe ask your doc what would be good?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)