• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it safe?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have an impacted wisdom tooth that's decaying and causing me a world of pain. I went to get it pulled today but they wouldn't pull it because I'm pregnant so i have to get the ok from Dr first. They prescribed me amoxicillin and Tylenol 3. Are these safe to take during pregnancy? I tried calling the nurses line at my ob but they never answered. If its not safe what is safe to take for the pain, it's excruciating!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Heather2001
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Amoxicillin definitely is, and regular tylenol is so I'd think tylenol 3 should be okay.  You might want to double check at safefetus.com though.

lillucky8
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Im not sure. Call the pharmacy, they will know for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasmineJoy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I was having a really bad case of gingivitis a few weeks ago. I told my doctor about it and he wrote a letter to my dentist saying it was okay for me to get a check up. In the letter he wrote what medicines were and weren't okay to give me and not to give me xrays. You should talk to your obgyn about wanting to get your tooth pulled. Maybe he'll okay it with the dentist.

Nika87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM
My prenatal appointment isn't until May.... I can't wait that long!!!

Quoting JasmineJoy:

I was having a really bad case of gingivitis a few weeks ago. I told my doctor about it and he wrote a letter to my dentist saying it was okay for me to get a check up. In the letter he wrote what medicines were and weren't okay to give me and not to give me xrays. You should talk to your obgyn about wanting to get your tooth pulled. Maybe he'll okay it with the dentist.

JasmineJoy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM

You don't have to wait until your next appointment. I called my obgyn's office and they let me talk to a nurse. The nurse told the doctor what was going on and he wrote me a note and told me to come pick it up. I went to the dentist the next day. Just call your obgyn and stress how much pain you're in and they'll let you go to the dentist.

Quoting Nika87:

Quoting JasmineJoy:

Nika87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I tried that today.. The nurse never answered nor did she return my call...

Quoting JasmineJoy:

You don't have to wait until your next appointment. I called my obgyn's office and they let me talk to a nurse. The nurse told the doctor what was going on and he wrote me a note and told me to come pick it up. I went to the dentist the next day. Just call your obgyn and stress how much pain you're in and they'll let you go to the dentist.

Quoting Nika87:

Quoting JasmineJoy:

Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It's better than being in pain. For short term use it will be okay. And the tooth has to come out asap- poor dental health is a leading cause of preterm delivery.

JasmineJoy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I would keep trying. If they don't answer I'd just drive to the office.

Quoting Nika87:

I tried that today.. The nurse never answered nor did she return my call...

Quoting JasmineJoy:

Quoting Nika87:

Quoting JasmineJoy:

Roomfor1more
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Both prescriptions are safe to take during pregnancy, just be careful how much of the Tylenol 3 you take.   I take it when I get really bad migraines since my normal prescription migraine meds aren't safe.  

Keep calling your Dr's office & have them fax a letter of approval to the dentist.   Good luck momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)