Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After 2 C-Sections…

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 17 Replies
I now permanently have this painful spot in my back where they stuck the needle from the 2nd one.
My first C-Section was an emergency. (baby's heart stopped was a still born BUT they revived her!!) that one went over very well. I had no complication during or after!
As for my 2nd one well that was a totally different story. The stupid guy hit a nerve in my back the caused it to feel as though a huge knife was stabbed in my thigh as far as it could go then cut all the way down to my toes. I have not problem with my leg BUT I have this permanent sore spot right in the spot he put the needle in. I can't sit back in hard chairs, lay on the floor or even get a back rub anymore because of it.
Anyone else have this problem or any other problems with their C-Sections?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I've heard that this is a relatively common side effect of epidurals which is why I avoided them during my births.  Sorry, hun.  Hope the pain eventually fades!

Momma.x3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I have permanent numbness on my right leg. Haven't felt it since before my c section November 08, 2011.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ruffnekwife87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
If this baby makes it to birth (FX) I will be having my 3rd and it scares me a lot because I don't want anything like this to happen to me or worse. I wish so bad I could have a vbac but I can't ):

Quoting Momma.x3:

I have permanent numbness on my right leg. Haven't felt it since before my c section November 08, 2011.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I've had 2 and have no permanent side effects
Momma.x3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I know the feeling :( Im sorry you can't have one. Im currently pregnant with baby number three and will be having my third c section the end of July. Pray, I do daily.

Quoting Ruffnekwife87:

If this baby makes it to birth (FX) I will be having my 3rd and it scares me a lot because I don't want anything like this to happen to me or worse. I wish so bad I could have a vbac but I can't ):

Quoting Momma.x3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma.x3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quick question, what do you mean if baby makes it to birth? Hope it does!

Quoting Ruffnekwife87:

Quoting Momma.x3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

It's a common side effect of epidural/spinal anesthesia and is because of human error. He probably misplaced it- be it a little too deep or to the side. Having it placed even a millimeter off target can cause problems the rest of your life.

Ruffnekwife87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
According to Docs I am lucky to be pregnant right now, had a MC 8 months ago

Quoting Momma.x3:

Quoting Ruffnekwife87:

Quoting Momma.x3:

livingrlovesong
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I had a similar issue when I got my epidural. (I only got one because I had pre eclampsia and my bp was so high). A student did mine the first time, she missed, hit a nerve, and shot the worlds worst pain down my left lower back, hip, then leg. It was awful. The second attempt, my mom (who was in the room because dh is horribly afraid of needles) made it very clear the anesthesiologist needed to do it. It went right in no problems. But to this day, I have nerve damage in my hip from it
Momma.x3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Oh my, Im really sorry. This pregnancy started as twins but between 13 and fourteen weeks one vanished due to vanishing twin syndrome. :/ Sorry for your loss and I pray everything goes well for you! How far.along are you?

Quoting Ruffnekwife87:

According to Docs I am lucky to be pregnant right now, had a MC 8 months ago

Quoting Momma.x3:

Quoting Ruffnekwife87:

Quoting Momma.x3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)