Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids cannot come to the hosptial =(

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was informed yesterday by the midwife that there is an RSV and FLU outbreak in the valley, and due to that, the hospital is not allowing any visitors 18 yrs or younger, And any adult visitors suspected of being ill (by observation) will be asked to leave. 

I understand why, and really I think it is a good move to protect their patients.. but it does make me sad.. I wanted to them to be there. 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
We have something similar to that here too. Siblings can come, but other than that you are only allowed 4 visitors the entire time you are there. Your SO counts as one of those visitors too. I'm disappointed, but I understand. I just prefer to have people visit at the hospital and then leave me alone at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

That's terrible, but it's for the best...my son got RSV at 7 months old from the waiting room in the doctors office and it was terrible and he had to be on steroids to help him breathe...you don't want any of your kids to end up with it, especially the new baby.

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quoting MamaScho88:

That's terrible, but it's for the best...my son got RSV at 7 months old from the waiting room in the doctors office and it was terrible and he had to be on steroids to help him breathe...you don't want any of your kids to end up with it, especially the new baby.

Excatly.  I don't want my kids to pick it up, and knowing that I will have an infant there, I can totally understand not wanting to take any risks exposing those babies to anything.  So I totally get it, but it is a bit sad.  I told my oldest and he started to tear up, but then took a deep breath and said, "Its okay mom, I understand, we will be good and we can see her when you get home."  =) 

1wildchild
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

It sucks, but try to just enjoy that alone time with the baby before you go home to everyone. I'm not sure if I want my kids to come to the hospital at all because I don't think DS1 will want to leave me there. 

sugareemommee
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
That's always policy where I'm delivering, except its 14. And it's from September-April. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

When are you due? Is it possible the outbreak will be over by then, and they'll be allowed in?

shyannsmomma
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM

That stinks, we dealt with the swine flu stuff when I had my last baby. They let me daughter and in laws sneak in a couple of times though. There were families standing outside at the windows talking to the family inside, and seeing the baby through the glass LOL

daughteroftruth
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quoting brittany208:

When are you due? Is it possible the outbreak will be over by then, and they'll be allowed in?

I don't think so.  If I do not hit the next stage of labor by friday, they will pop my water... I'm in a prelabor stage right now and for the past 3 days I've been contracting every 10 min and I was 4 cm dilated.... so Friday it is if she deosnt' come sooner.

mushmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
That stinks!
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Aw, what a sweetheart! That makes me want to give him a big ol' hug!

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting MamaScho88:

Excatly.  I don't want my kids to pick it up, and knowing that I will have an infant there, I can totally understand not wanting to take any risks exposing those babies to anything.  So I totally get it, but it is a bit sad.  I told my oldest and he started to tear up, but then took a deep breath and said, "Its okay mom, I understand, we will be good and we can see her when you get home."  =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)