• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommies to twins or multiples..

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey mommas...

So I was wondering what can you tell me about your pregnancy so far or what you went through when you were pregnant. What am i getting myself into. How often do I have to go to the dr? What about sonos and what should i watch out for? Ive never had twins an im scared... not to mention I have a partial placent previa an thin uterus... ><

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Bump

I've only had single pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmommy10
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Im havin twins this is my first pregnancy to lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cadkins07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Its crazy.. I never thought a pregnancy could be so different from what im "used" to i feel like im completely clueless

Quoting lovinmommy10:

lovinmommy10
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Yes crazy i think its the same as a pregnancy but u have twin or mutiples inside twins run in my fam like crazy tho lol my granpa brother an me have an identical twin

Quoting cadkins07:

Its crazy.. I never thought a pregnancy could be so different from what im "used" to i feel like im completely clueless

Quoting lovinmommy10:

cadkins07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I dont at all think its the same as a normal pregnancy! I had easy pregnancies.. no nausea no cramping etc. Just big babies.. this one I have all the above im hormonal an crazy... an im so tired... im getting my tubes tied after this one

Quoting lovinmommy10:

Yes crazy i think its the same as a pregnancy but u have twin or mutiples inside twins run in my fam like crazy tho lol my granpa brother an me have an identical twin

Quoting cadkins07:

Quoting lovinmommy10:

lovinmommy10
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Dannnggggg

Quoting cadkins07:

I dont at all think its the same as a normal pregnancy! I had easy pregnancies.. no nausea no cramping etc. Just big babies.. this one I have all the above im hormonal an crazy... an im so tired... im getting my tubes tied after this one

Quoting lovinmommy10:

Quoting cadkins07:

Quoting lovinmommy10:

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

It's really hard to know what you're going to go through because each pregnancy is so different, especially since you have other issues. It depends on your doctor too. 

For myself, my twin pregnancy was #2 and #3. No nausea, just was really tired. The discomfort that I had in my first pregnancy happened earlier because I got bigger sooner (at 14 weeks, I was already measuring 24 weeks, and I measured anywhere from 8-10 weeks ahead). I saw my doctor more often I think in my 2nd trimester. I ended up being put on bedrest at 28 weeks, and was in and out of the hospital by 34 weeks. Was put on Procardia, and given a steroid shot at some point. Had the twins at 34w2d. 

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I had my dd, then my twins, and yes a twin pregnancy is TOTALLY different. I recommend getting this book http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Quads/dp/0061803073/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362928250&sr=1-1&keywords=expecting+twins

There are a lot of books about twins, but this one has a 2010 version, where many other books are very outdated. This book will tell you what to expect from your dr, what tests you should have, why it is important to gain a lot of weight at the beginning of your pregnancy, and how to help keep those babies in as long as possible. I read a bunch of books and this was the best one.

Good luck.

avaana06
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Mine were my first pregnancy, so I didn't know any different. To be honest it was a total normal, easy pregnancy until 28 weeks. Then I had to do bed rest at home and then in the hospital due to pre term labor. Be ready for that to be a possibility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)