Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

vba2c

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I am only 18 weeks but I wanted to know what the stuff is that toward the end of the pregnancy is supposed to help soften the cervix and how much do you take?

I have had 2 -sections my ob has agreed to let me try to go natural but the prob is my cervix stays high and almost closed until I'm in labor my doctor is prob not going to let me go to far past my due date. I went into labor last time 2 days after my due date my labor stopped when they broke my water. I am not going to have anything done this time that could possibly stall labor but need to do anything I can to make sure my body will ready when labor comes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadkins07
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My dr refused to let me do a vbac said the risks were to high an he never recommended it to his patients as you have a higher chance of your uterus ripping and hemmoraging. So I have no idea. BUMP

rjmac88
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Evening primrose oil
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM

The odds of uterine rupture in a vbac is less than 1%. It's 0.5-0.8%. Your doctor either wasn't informed or straight-out lied to you.

Quoting cadkins07:

My dr refused to let me do a vbac said the risks were to high an he never recommended it to his patients as you have a higher chance of your uterus ripping and hemmoraging. So I have no idea. BUMP

mem82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Here's a bump!
Duquesne
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Your doc doesn't have to "let you" do anything. It's always your choice. Perhaps find a care provider who doesn't think he gets to make your decisions? Your care provider needs to be 100% behind your decisions...or they will make things very very difficult for you.

I'm a vbac-er myself. Have you thought about a midwife?

Good luck to you!
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I think you're talking about evening primrose oil. You can also drink red raspberry leaf tea. It strengthens the uterine muscles.
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM
This is why you need to do your own research. Otherwise you'll believe BS like this.
Rupture risk is minimal, and you have a much higher risk of hemorrhage with a c-section.

Quoting cadkins07:

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

You only have a 1 in TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND chance of a catraphic uterine ruputre during a TOLAC. That is the same chance as a woman who has had five vaginal births! A rupture can happen to ANYONE with or without out previous uterine surgery. Your provider was not following ACOG guidelines! : *( 

ACOG statement

Quoting cadkins07:

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Evening primrose oil. I started taking one by mouth at 37 weeks and then one by mouth and 1 placed on the cervix at 38 weeks till labor which for me was 39.2.

Good luck, vab2c can be amazing you just need support. Have you looked into a doula, they have a lot of resources and will also advocate for you in labor. Maybe look into a midwife for a second opinion. You can't be forced into an induction but I am sure you will want to know its the right choice:) midwives can be amazing resources for women willing to work outside the hospital but they can also work with a willing OB too. 

Good luck with everything. I hope it turns out wonderfully.

triciakae
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Thank you everyone. I know its hard to find an ob that will be willing to do a vba2c. She is the same ob that was there with me for over 24 hours of labor only to lead to a csection. I like my doctor and was thinking about finding a doula this time but money is going to be a factor in that. I really hope I can do this naturally this time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)