Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

er visit or is this normal?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
My heart rate has been up since yesterday night... I wake up and still no change. I don't feel good, and my heart rate is making me feel breathless. Is this normal? Im 2 months btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
iwilliams76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I don't think that's normal. My sister was having issues with a rapid heart beat in her current pregnancy & has to be on medication for it untill she delivers. I'd at least call your DR.

September2013
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Ok, im trying to take deep breaths but that doesn't seem to help either.. I'm going to call bc im getting worried im exhausted and have no energy.

Quoting iwilliams76:

I don't think that's normal. My sister was having issues with a rapid heart beat in her current pregnancy & has to be on medication for it untill she delivers. I'd at least call your DR.

ame0608
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely call my doctor if it's been racing for that long. 

In the meantime, try counting your breaths. Inhale for four counts and exhale for four counts. Repeat and concentrate on your breath. When this becomes comfortable, inhale four counts and exhale FIVE counts. Again, repeat until it's becomes comfortable and natural. One breath at a time work up to an inhale of four and and exhale of eight (or six or seven if eight is too high). Even if it doesn't help your heart, it will begin to send a message of "calm" to your nervous system. 

Note: be careful NOT to hold your breath in any way as you do this exercise...that will have an opposite effect and could actually do more harm than good.

mushmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Could be anxiety.
mem82
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I hope everything is okay. Keep us updated.
iwilliams76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I hope everything is ok.

Quoting September2013:

Ok, im trying to take deep breaths but that doesn't seem to help either.. I'm going to call bc im getting worried im exhausted and have no energy.

Quoting iwilliams76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)