Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anterior placenta

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
I was told at my 12 week ultrasound I have an anterior placenta and it would make it harder to feel the baby kick. I'm 17 weeks and I feel nothing :( this is my 2nd pregnancy with my ds I felt strong movement from 15 weeks, I know I've still got plenty of time to feel her kick but it's driving me crazy I don't feel anything at all. Does of has anyone else had this if so when did you feel your baby move for the first time?
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
40sandPreg
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I have it and couldn't feel hardly anything until recently. I'm 25 weeks & feel stuff now, but only when I lay quiet on my left side. My right side is sticking out more & doc told me Tues that was where the placenta settled to.

I have felt thump type feelings really low, like right in the top of my vagina - low uterus for a few weeks.

If your like me hopefully you'll feel more in the next few weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I had one too, and I didn't feel the first definite kicks until 18 weeks. I also felt plenty of movement for the rest of my pregnancy, but she was also my first baby so I had nothing to compare it to. As you get bigger and the placenta moves you'll probably feel movement better in certain places - for me it was higher up I could feel every little jab, but if she was aiming her kicks a little lower like around my belly button they weren't as distinct.

MrsBorho
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM

im 25 weeks and have one! just recently started felling baby!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I had an anterior placenta with #2. I felt movement I want to say starting around 16 wks but it was rare and not strong. By 20 wks I felt regular movement. It wasn't the same as my previous pregnancy, but I still felt movement well.

Anterior placenta's can lead to badly positioned babies, more painful and prolonged labor, and often times back labor. I highly suggest seeing a Chiropracter during the 3rd trimester. It can help position baby better, and help shorten your labor time, and pain! Good Luck Hun

Mummyjett
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quoting NoraDun:

I had an anterior placenta with #2. I felt movement I want to say starting around 16 wks but it was rare and not strong. By 20 wks I felt regular movement. It wasn't the same as my previous pregnancy, but I still felt movement well.

Anterior placenta's can lead to badly positioned babies, more painful and prolonged labor, and often times back labor. I highly suggest seeing a Chiropracter during the 3rd trimester. It can help position baby better, and help shorten your labor time, and pain! Good Luck Hun

Thanks I'll def look into a chiropractor my first was badly positioned most of my pregnancy but he turned while I was in labour. I was induced first time at 42 weeks but had a 4 hour labour but it was so painful as I had no build up. So fingers crossed this one will be different.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I had an anterior placenta with my 3rd - and he was my most active baby!

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM

My first two had this. I just did not feel them that much but had nothing to compare till I had my third. I felt my first at 16/17 weeks and my second at 12 weeks. I felt the hiccups the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)