Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandmother at hospital to welcome GREAT-GREAT grandchild. AMAZING!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just have to share this and I've posted it in all my groups because I just think its wonderful!!!

FIVE generations of women in one picture :-) how nice is that???

My grandma is a very spunky woman. We always say she's a feisty old broad. And she just turned 89.

She has 2 daughters, 4 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren, and 1 brand new great-great grandchild :-).

I can't imagine how awesome it would be to see my family grow like that :-)

They took a pic today of the 5 generations. My grandma, her daughter, her granddaughter, her great grand daughter, and now her great great granddaughter. 5 generations of women :-)

Anyone else had something like this in your family?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MizMellyMac
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two great great grands when I was born. I have a pic when I was 3 or 4 with both of them and the subsequent generations. It was such a blessing! I had one alive until I was 15. She smoked and drank and cussed. she was such a kick!

heathermarie23
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

It's nice!  My boys have a great great grandma (she just turned 93), but after my generation there haven't been any girls... :-(

Ginnygurl97
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Lol. Sounds like my grandma :-)

Quoting MizMellyMac:

I had two great great grands when I was born. I have a pic when I was 3 or 4 with both of them and the subsequent generations. It was such a blessing! I had one alive until I was 15. She smoked and drank and cussed. she was such a kick!

Ginnygurl97
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
From my mom, I'm the only girl. Two brothers. Me and brother have sons. I have two, he has five. From my aunt, it's all girls. But hey, I'd be happy w my boys in too!! :-)

Do they see her much?

Quoting heathermarie23:

It's nice!  My boys have a great great grandma (she just turned 93), but after my generation there haven't been any girls... :-(

Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so cool.
heathermarie23
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes we try to go see her atleast once a month, she doesn't live far.. it's usually best when we do a lunch date or something...  My youngest (until May) is almost 2 and touches stuff and makes me a neurotic mess at her house.  LOL!  She enjoys seeing them.  They call her Grandma GG or just GG.  I had a great great grandma up until I was 12.  :-)

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

From my mom, I'm the only girl. Two brothers. Me and brother have sons. I have two, he has five. From my aunt, it's all girls. But hey, I'd be happy w my boys in too!! :-)

Do they see her much?

Quoting heathermarie23:

bellawomen
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
My great-grandparents basically raise me, but while I was pregnant I lost my great-grandmother (the week I lost one of my twins at 29 weeks). I had my twins at 35 weeks and 20 days later my great-grandfather passed. Definitely a very hard time in my life. He was 83 and my best friend. I never even entertained the thought of my son growing up without him. It still hurts 9 years later.
Larsbug
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

When DS1 was born he had 3 great-great grandmothers alive...we have recently lost 2 in the last year...1 died just before DS2 (she was 97) was born, the other about 6 months ago (she was 92). The one great great grandmother they still have lives in Japan in the house she was born in and she is 102 (DH's great grandma)

MomAsOf_2008
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
there was 6 gerenations in my family before my grandmother died three yrs ago. we never had the chance to do a pix tho.
AmericanChild82
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm hoping that my grandma will last a long time so that when my daughter has children we'll have 5 generations. We just got a 4 generation photo last spring and hopefully do a new one this year with all of us girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)