Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preeclampsia paranoia

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
This is my first time pregnant. My doctor says I'm 37 weeks as of this just past Thursday, I had an apt with him and my son's heart rate was close to 200 and my blood pressure was up (as they say "borderline"). So I was sent for an NST (nonstress test). The doctor sent me home after but had to go back on Friday for a blood pressure check; my son's heart rate was up again and so was my blood pressure. So, again, went for another NST and got sent home again. Has this happened to anyone else and what was the outcome? I go back for my weekly apt on Monday; what's the chance of induction or emergency c-section?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced at 35 and 36wks due to pre e. It came on fast with no previous signs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced at 39 weeks with my first due to pre e. I went in Tuesday night and ended with a c section Thursday evening. I didnt want a c section but my labor stopped progressing. As far as recovery, for me I only had a glue type stuff, no staples. And I was up and walking around that same night. The nurses were amazed. I also left the hospital not needing pain meds. So if you happen to need a c section, its not horrible. And you ARE NOT required to have a c section with your future pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammyantha2581
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I never had any problems with my blood pressure. Wednesday was the first sign of it. I'm anxious that the doctor is going to say that I'm going to be having him that day.
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I'm didn't either til right at the end, and had protein in my urine.

What happened to me was, I had my regular appointment, she sent me to the hospital for a NST, then decided I could go home pack, go out for dinner and come back that night to be induced.

Quoting sammyantha2581:

I never had any problems with my blood pressure. Wednesday was the first sign of it. I'm anxious that the doctor is going to say that I'm going to be having him that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammyantha2581
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I also had to do a 24 hour urine which came back with protein in my urine. What does that mean?

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

What happened to me was, I had my regular appointment, she sent me to the hospital for a NST, then decided I could go home pack, go out for dinner and come back that night to be induced.

Quoting sammyantha2581:

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Its also a sign of pre e. When was this? How far along are you now?

I'm thinking your Dr will most likely want you induced after your next appointment.

Quoting sammyantha2581:

I also had to do a 24 hour urine which came back with protein in my urine. What does that mean?

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

Quoting sammyantha2581:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammyantha2581
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Doctor says I'm 37 weeks and 2 days as of today. I found out about the protein in my urine yesterday afternoon.
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
He might be waiting until your 38 week mark to be safer. But I'd definitely have your hospital bag packed and everything in order before your next appointment just incase:)

Quoting sammyantha2581:

Doctor says I'm 37 weeks and 2 days as of today. I found out about the protein in my urine yesterday afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Have they tested your urine for protine? Pree E is a mix... high BP, protine in your urine, and swelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammyantha2581
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
It's been ready since I was 35 weeks because doctor said I was 1.5 cm dilated lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)