Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Money Question

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

New mama here, due in May. I am wondering what you spend on average on your baby a month? I am planning on breast feeding so I wont be buying formula. I am using disposable diapers. Trying to get an idea of how much money we need to budget in for baby. It would be awesome if you were able to kinda seperate it, this much for diapers, this much for that, etc. but not neccessary.

Thanks

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It's been 6.5 years since my baby was a baby. I am due in July, and the early expenses seem very small.

We are cloth diapering, so other than the $200-$300 start up costs...
I plan to breast feed. Clothes and toys are as rxpensive(or not) as you want them to be. Insurance every month. I can't really think of anything else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
With my first, maybe $50? All I bought was diapers and wipes. I got 95% of everything at my baby shower so until she started eating baby food I didnt buy anything but diapers and wipes, and the occasional toy or outfit here and there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
We spend about 150$ each kid on diapers, plus clothes, toys, insurance. Probably 600$ between the two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Do you have anything yet? That will determine what you need each month..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Oh wow. 36 a month on cases of diapers. 9 for a couple of months worth of wipes. 70-100 with baby food when they started eating that. Clothing was random because we always just bought it because it was cute plus hand me downs from relatives. Honestly per month formula after i stopped nursing was the biggest expense we had related to the kids. Diapers could have been cheaper but we had two in diapers at once.
heathermarie23
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-cost-calculator

Larsbug
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM

it was different for me... DS1 was born in March and he was our first so we got A LOT of things in the baby shower but I did formula feed and for him we spent probably about $350 a month(clothes, diapers, wipes, formula,toys, food). DS2 was also born in March so we didn't need clothes at all for him, formula feed and we spend about $200 a month.

mommyto3121405
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

30 everty 2 months for diapers i buy thru amazon in bulk and its cheap also join subscribe and save and u save a ton

brittany208
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

this!!

though it really depends. i dont plan on having to spend much after start up costs bc I want to cloth diaper, breastfeed, and baby will have tons of hand-me-downs from big brother.

Quoting heathermarie23:

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-cost-calculator

rjmac88
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Uh can't really say monthly since there are months in end I spend nothing. But in a year maybe $200...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)