Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone have a baby in 36 week mark ?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 29 Replies
So I have pre e , im 36 weeks 2 days prego today . I had an apt on thursday , dr did my gbs and also cervix ck .I was only dialated to (1) . I had a prev c section . We are tryi. For a vbac this time. He had me gibe bloodand do a 24 hour urine collection I turn in monday. Which is also my follow up w him .
He says if my levels in blood and urine are even slighyly elevated then were done he . Sending me over to the hospital to have her.
I do have pre e im on procardia xl 60 mg daily and asprin 81mg daily. My blood pressure is controlled very well w the medicine. Highest its been so far is 140/90 but thats when my anxiety goes ctazy.

Anyways !!!! If he send me to the hospital on monday I will only be 36 weeks 4 days. Im super scareed and worried her lungs wont be ready , and she will have tk go to the nicu. Ill be 37 weeks on thursday Im so hoping he will let me atleast wait till 37 .

Has anyone had a baby at this time frame ?How were they ? Did they ho home w u ? Any issues ? Also my daughter is small in the 36th % for growth. At 36 weeks ulteasound said she was 5 lbs 15 ozs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I had ds#2 at exactly 36wks 0days. He was 7lbs 5oz and 18inches long. The only issue I had with him was he had a little trouble with his body temp so they said to keep him extra swaddled and it worked fine he came home with us 2days later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah427
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't. But I've been battling preterm labor since 30 weeks. My Dr said most baby girls are good at 36 and most boys at 37 (boys develop a little slower). I'm 33 weeks now...
supermom985
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

36 weeks 2 days I had my ds 8lbs 10oz  and he came home with me 4 days later . He was  jaundice , that's why we spent the extra few days . 

cupcakekisses81
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe thats awesome. Pretty good size also . Ty ..... im praying she is fine

Quoting bbyblueAK:

I had ds#2 at exactly 36wks 0days. He was 7lbs 5oz and 18inches long. The only issue I had with him was he had a little trouble with his body temp so they said to keep him extra swaddled and it worked fine he came home with us 2days later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcakekisses81
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I didnt know that girls were different. Im sorry ur dealing w ptl .... hope all goes well and baby stays in as ling as poss.

Quoting sarah427:

I haven't. But I've been battling preterm labor since 30 weeks. My Dr said most baby girls are good at 36 and most boys at 37 (boys develop a little slower). I'm 33 weeks now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My ds was born at 36w exactly. His lungs were great. But he was in a lot of stress in the womb.
sarah427
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I didn't know there was a difference either... :)

Quoting cupcakekisses81:

I didnt know that girls were different. Im sorry ur dealing w ptl .... hope all goes well and baby stays in as ling as poss.

Quoting sarah427:

vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was born at 35 weeks. He had no issues with his lungs at all. His only issue was he couldn't keep his temp up so his body was dropping weight. They put him in the incubator for a few days on and off and 10 days later we were home :)

They even let me stay at the hospital the whole time and put the incubator in my room so he could stay with me. It was very long and I've never cried so much, but he didn't have any serious medical issues.

He even rolled over at 5 weeks!! Met all his milestones on time, and now he is a nonstop 2.5 yr old who no one would guess was ever a premie, he's huge!!
cupcakekisses81
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Awe yay thats amazing. U just hear all the negative stories ya know when googling . So im tryj ng to stay away from google and responses from ppl who actually been thru it. Thats neat they let u stay ....

Quoting vwd_johnson:

My son was born at 35 weeks. He had no issues with his lungs at all. His only issue was he couldn't keep his temp up so his body was dropping weight. They put him in the incubator for a few days on and off and 10 days later we were home :)

They even let me stay at the hospital the whole time and put the incubator in my room so he could stay with me. It was very long and I've never cried so much, but he didn't have any serious medical issues.

He even rolled over at 5 weeks!! Met all his milestones on time, and now he is a nonstop 2.5 yr old who no one would guess was ever a premie, he's huge!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, its tough when you google and hear all the horror stories. I hope you all have a safe and healthy delivery!

Quoting cupcakekisses81:

Awe yay thats amazing. U just hear all the negative stories ya know when googling . So im tryj ng to stay away from google and responses from ppl who actually been thru it. Thats neat they let u stay ....

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN