Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Went into L&D today... LONG.

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 36 Replies
This morning at 4a.m. I woke up with pains in my pelvis area and lwoer back. I went to the bathroom and found myself bleeding with some mucous. I woke up my BF and the rest of my family and we all went up to the hospital thinking I was in labor.
I go into L&D triage and the nurse just stares at me. I ask her, "is this L&D triage?" she says, "Yes." and continues to stare at me.
I then ask, "Well, what do I now?" She says, "Well, how do you feel?" I tell her that I feel like I'm in labor.
She takes me into a room and has me change, give her a urine sample and then she hooked me up onto monitors to check my contractions, the baby's HB and my blood pressure.
The doctor that was on staff at the time wanted to admit me into the hospital, so she had the nurses take my blood and give me an IV. The nurses said that the doctor who came in at 7a.m. would have the final say as to whether I would actually stay or not.
The nurses who gave me my IV were terrible. The tried sticking 3 times. After the 3rd time, they got blood everywhere! The liquid got all over me and the floor, as well!
The keep checking on me for abour 3 1/2 hours and then come in to say, "Okay, so we're going to go ahead and send you home for now." Me and my Grandmother look at each other and ask the nurse "Why?" She said, in her exact words, "It's a Saturday and our doctors work Monday through Friday, so on Saturdays they really don't feel like working because it's usually their day off."
THE DOCTOR NEVER ONCE EVEN CAME IN TO CHECK ON ME THE WHOLEEE TIME I WAS THERE!
After I went home, we tried calling 3 times and the doctor refused to get on the phone and speak to me.
The nurses told me that I am in the early stages of labor and that I could still have her today, but they were sending me home because the on-call doctor didn't feel like working today...
***Keep in mind, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I was already 3cm dilated. They checked my BP and it was 130/90. The doctor said, "We're going to check your BP one more time. If it's still and little high, we're going to go ahead and send you into L&D and you will deliver the baby today." After they checked it the second time, it went down to 120/76 which is normal, so she told me to just go home, rest, walk, drink water, etc. but that I was GOING to have her this weekend.***
What do you guys think?
My contractions are anhywere from 6 to 9 minutes apart, but are very painful. I've also had a mucousy bleeding ever since I woke up this morning at 4. The nurses told me that I WAS in labor, but in the early stages... I don't know what to do...

having a baby

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I'd be waiting until late tonight and if you're still not feeling right go back but I'd go through the ER this time.

Theemom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Wow! ! That is crazy. You need to record them. I can not believe they said that. If your having a hard time standing or the pain is not going away. Go back to the hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck mama!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Is there another hospital nearby you can go to instead?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
seriously, that's a ridiculous hospital ! you should go a deliver at. different hospital ASAP.
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Is there another hospital you can go to? And you need to report them BIG time.
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
And are you having timeable contractions?
TLQSlovesME
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Quoting TTC2Long:

My contractions are anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes apart. But they are all very painful.

having a baby

TLQSlovesME
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Quoting kmqw229:

Good luck mama!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Is there another hospital nearby you can go to instead?

There is, but when I called they said they would have to have all of my prenatal records faxed to them and that would be difficult because my doctor's office is closed on the weekends :(

having a baby

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Early labor can last a while. You're actually better off laboring at home. When they get regular and 3-5 mins apart, THEN go in, and go to a different hospital.

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Quoting TTC2Long:

My contractions are anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes apart. But they are all very painful.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I agree!

Quoting TTC2Long:

Early labor can last a while. You're actually better off laboring at home. When they get regular and 3-5 mins apart, THEN go in, and go to a different hospital.

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN