Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SUPER LOW BABY??

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 27 Replies

Please forgive me if you read this post from August 2013 Babies! I was hoping for all the advice or info I could get from you ladies! Thanks!

First off, let me just say we found out yesterday that we are having a baby GIRL!!!!!  So super excited and very shocked, lol!

Anyways, baby girl is super low and has been the entire 16 weeks (on Mon).  Everytime I hear the heartbeat or feel a flutter kick it is in my crotch region.  The cert u.s. tech said that the baby might actually stay that low until delivery bc usually at this time she would have moved up more by this point!?? I have no idea, bc ds6 was always high right up until he engaged down there.

My concerns are that my tailbone has been sore, sciatic pain, cramp in crotch when I am sitting and then get up too fast (which isn't really fast at all!). I also have to urinate a lot.

Are you or have you in the past had a super low positioned baby and had these issues?  Did the baby ever move up?  Any advice at all?  I won't see the doc for another 4 weeks, and I am not extremely concerned yet.  Thanks so much! Megan

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant with my son he stayed really low.  Everytime they would try for his heartbeat they would put the monitor on my belly and then have to move it down below my  belly  button.  He never really did move up.  When they would put the fetal monitor and contraction monitor on my belly at the hospital they would have to put them really low down.  I also had pain in my vaginal area when I was sitting and walking during that pregnancy.   Everything was fine, Jake just wanted to stay low I guess.

meg4763
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM

The last three doppler visits my ob was right in the middle of my pubic hair region.  She has never said anything negative about her position, but all of these symptoms are becoming more and more everyday.

Quoting theosgirl45:

When I was pregnant with my son he stayed really low.  Everytime they would try for his heartbeat they would put the monitor on my belly and then have to move it down below my  belly  button.  He never really did move up.  When they would put the fetal monitor and contraction monitor on my belly at the hospital they would have to put them really low down.  I also had pain in my vaginal area when I was sitting and walking during that pregnancy.   Everything was fine, Jake just wanted to stay low I guess.

snglemomto1grl
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was low n head down. I literally peed my pants a few times just from her weight. It was so painful n I could barely walk.

34 weeks.

meg4763
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I'm so sorry~ I feel like that is how it is going to be for me pretty soon.  I have to cross my legs or hold myself practically when I sneeze or cough or anything like that bc the pressure is so strong down there.

Quoting snglemomto1grl:

My daughter was low n head down. I literally peed my pants a few times just from her weight. It was so painful n I could barely walk.

34 weeks.

snglemomto1grl
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah, but the good thing is, when i had her I only pushed three times :) she was so far down and she's my first by the way, that i was only in labor for 6-8 hrs. i went in to get induced and they gave me the medicine for my cervix and i went into labor on my own without pitocin. so, hopefully you'll have an easier birth. what really was hard toward the end too was the lower back pain but i think that's any pregnancy. although to warn you, i did have back labor.

clowery
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Wyatt is supper low overtime they try for heart beat itsbbelow my c section scar from my girls lol they didn't seem worried about it I do get pain n my tail bone and my it pops daily where my hips connect to it. I do prenatal yoga off YouTube when I get the chance it usually help for a day or so. I know some pl l will suggest a chiropractor. Good luck hope this helps
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My first was low the whole time. Never had an issue with finding the heartbeat. Just down lower she looked every time. My sciatic nerve acted up but it did differently with all mine. I saw a chiropractor with my first and my second we added a massage therapist. I sat on my yoga/birthing ball a lot.

meg4763
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My c-section scar is actually pretty low, and the heartbeat is always found under mine as well.  I may look into prenatal yoga if my pain gets much worse.  Going to a chiropractor kind of scares me, but I have never been, so I guess it's a fear of the unknown.

Quoting clowery:

Wyatt is supper low overtime they try for heart beat itsbbelow my c section scar from my girls lol they didn't seem worried about it I do get pain n my tail bone and my it pops daily where my hips connect to it. I do prenatal yoga off YouTube when I get the chance it usually help for a day or so. I know some pl l will suggest a chiropractor. Good luck hope this helps

clowery
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Yea I hear Ya therre never been to one I looked online why it could hurt and found things on prenatal yogo pain has diff eased good luck and hope it helps for u as well

Quoting meg4763:

My c-section scar is actually pretty low, and the heartbeat is always found under mine as well.  I may look into prenatal yoga if my pain gets much worse.  Going to a chiropractor kind of scares me, but I have never been, so I guess it's a fear of the unknown.

Quoting clowery:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meg4763
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Thanks! I'm glad you found remedies to make you feel better.  It's amazing how this pregnancy is so different from my first....maybe I just forgot since it was 6 yrs ago, lol, or maybe bc it's a girl this time. :)

Quoting clowery:

Yea I hear Ya therre never been to one I looked online why it could hurt and found things on prenatal yogo pain has diff eased good luck and hope it helps for u as well

Quoting meg4763:

Quoting clowery:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)