Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

In-utero activity levels....

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 5 Replies
For mamas with previous pregnancies..

Have you found any corrrelation between how active your little one was in the womb and how high-needs/active/hyper/ they were in infancy and beyond?

With my DS, he moved quite a bit but was fairly calm in the womb... slow, gentle movements with the occasional standard kick/punch. Nothing wild..... today he is 16 and is the most easy going,, relaxed, complacent kid on the planet... and was so as an infant as well.... rarely cried, content to sit alone, enjoyed solitude and never demanding or high maintenance. I always thought he just took after me because this is my personality to a tee as well LOL.

Now THIS little peanut I'm currently at 31 1/2 weeks with..... she's a little monkey! Constant, and I mean non-stop almost, huge flips, kicks, frantic and ridiculous kicking 24-7... she's nuts LOL :) I was told by my OB this past appt that hiccups are an indicator of good health and a sign the baby is thriving... this child has at least 6-8 sessions per day if I'm being conservative... which, don't get me wrong, I'm elated that she seems to be healthy as heck!

But am I going to give birth to a little monster?! :) and I mean that in the most affectionate and loving way possible... I've waited 15 years for another baby and 37 years for a little girl, so we are ecstatic beyond belief but this little princess is giving my body a run for its money!

So what has been your experience with this (or lack thereof) and am I nuts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My second was a total monkey in the womb! And yeah she's still a monkey but not a monster. :-) She's very well behaved but she did do lots of things early-I have no idea if that's related or not but I do think it was partly her personality. She just likes to go go go. She was walking at 8 months, running and climbing at 9 months, talking in full sentences by 10 months. Basically, she can be exhausting. Lol! But she isn't high needs or hyperactive . She just likes to do things and experience things and she's always wanting to catch up to her big sister. :-) And it definitely felt like that in the womb as well but, as I said, I just think of it as her personality. Both of my girls (and we'll see if it holds true with this one) have definitely showed part of their personalities in the womb (my first would only move for my husband-she'd literally stop moving if anyone else including myself touched my stomach...she's 4.5 now and she is still a total daddy's girl). But I don't think high needs or hyperactiveness shows in the womb. :-)

brittany208
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My first was pretty active, but not crazy so (if i remember right--that was 4 years ago!). He's a VERY active, energetic boy now. This one is crazy active in the belly. Kicking the crap out of me allll day long. So, I guess we'll see...

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My first and second I could not really feel. Since the placenta was in the front. Never really noticed anything. My third though from 10 weeks and on was a mover and still a mover. It is hard for her to sit still.

rjmac88
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! My active babies were higher need for sure
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My first, Dd, was not very active in the womb and was/is very laid back and not hyper. She is 6 now. DS was extremely active in the womb, constantly but isn't very needy or cranky now (7weeks). He does have issues with gas and reflux though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN