Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lovenox - Blood Thinners during pregnancy

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Is anyone else on this lovely (being very sarcastic) medication? I would love to hear how you're dealing with this in your pregnancy. They put me on it and at first I was very emotional about it but I am hoping there are others out there that can shed some light on how they're dealing with this. I know the doctors reassured me that it won't affect the baby at all but shots in the stomach still makes me feel uneasy knowing that he's in there while I'm doing this.

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbjb1024
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had my baby a month ago, but yes, I was on it from 5 weeks. I'm actually still on it. My dr has me taking taking it for 6 weeks after delivery. It's tough at first. It will not hurt baby at all. It could actually save his life. My cousin also needs shots but just found out, 4 miscarriages later. It was very important. It is worth the 10 second pain. Let me know if you have any questions!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LotusBubbleFly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for your feedback! It really helps to hear that everything will work out just fine.

trin123
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I was told i could not even take asparin during my pregnancy because of the blood thinning properties. But my husband has a heart issue and had to take these because he has a stint in his heart  they changed him to warfarin. They were really painful and I felt so bad for him. Sorry to hear you have to take them. That really sucks. My best to you.

LotusBubbleFly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Yes, the pain definitely doesn't make it any easier. I just keep telling myself that I want to meet a healthy baby boy in July. That's whats also helping me to get over it.

trin123
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I can sympathize there sweetie. Do you have to be on it whole time?

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

Yes, the pain definitely doesn't make it any easier. I just keep telling myself that I want to meet a healthy baby boy in July. That's whats also helping me to get over it.

LotusBubbleFly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yup. I'm at the mid point in pregnancy and they want me to take it every day for the remainder. They said they may take me off a couple weeks before the due date to help decrease the chances of bleeding too much during labor.

Quoting trin123:

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

trin123
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM

simple frown Sorry to hear that.

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

Yup. I'm at the mid point in pregnancy and they want me to take it every day for the remainder. They said they may take me off a couple weeks before the due date to help decrease the chances of bleeding too much during labor.

Quoting trin123:

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

LotusBubbleFly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Thanks, its alright. Just gotta hope for the best! fingers crossed

Quoting trin123:

simple frown Sorry to hear that.

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

Quoting trin123:

Quoting LotusBubbleFly:

Kiki_21
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I am on Lovenox also..I am 34 weeks today..and I been on Lovenox since I was 4 months. .and its great so far I just don't like getting stuck everyday..we are expecting a baby girl in 6 weeks..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LotusBubbleFly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Oh wow, they put you on during the same time of your pregnancy as they did me. I'm glad your pregnancy has gone well with the Lovenox :)

and congrats on the baby girl!

Quoting Kiki_21:

I am on Lovenox also..I am 34 weeks today..and I been on Lovenox since I was 4 months. .and its great so far I just don't like getting stuck everyday..we are expecting a baby girl in 6 weeks..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN