Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What would a new mom need?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so besides the obvious things like a crib and clothes etc. what are some must haves I should put on my baby registry. I got my sister one of those Bumbo seats and it was awesome. Things like that, that a new mom not know how big of a help it is.

I know there are secrets out there, now its time to share them! :)

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Replies (11-16):
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Swing, boppy, diaper pail, mittens (so baby doesn't scratch its face),
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM

It really does depend on the mom. :-) For me I've always loved having a boppy. Partly because it keeps my arms from getting tired while nursing but also because it can be used to put around the baby when s/he first starts sitting up so there's something soft if they lose their balance. I also use it for tummy time when they want to be propped up a little bit more or if their tummy is acting up a little bit. I also like to get a nice and comfortable nursing cover. I don't like exposing myself in public to nurse but I want something that's comfortable so it isn't awkward to nurse out and about. A good carseat of course. That's really about it. :-) I do have a swing and a bouncer but I don't really use them all that much. I don't use Bumbos or wipe warmers or things like that. You could put a sling or carrier on there if you're interested in trying out wearing. Neither of my first two liked being worn at all-they loved tummy time and wanted that instead. But I bought a wrap carrier this time again just in case this little guy likes it more-which I'm hoping he will because it will make grocery shopping way easier-lol! Oh! One thing that I consider a must have are books to read to the baby. :-) If you have a library near you they usually have a pretty good selection but I love having our own books at home in case we can't make it to the library to check out more. I love reading to my kids and my kids love books and being read to. :-)

Amycapl
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

love my boppy!  also, that waterproof cover for the boppy that goes under the pillowcase.  also a sling.  and Mylencon drops (i'm probably spelling that wrong) for emergency gas situations (for baby, not mommy)

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Swing was my #1 thing, bouncer was a very close 2nd. 

emilyelephant
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Swing. I didn't use the boppy much after I stopped breastfeeding at a month, but it was nice to have to just lay her on so she could see stuff. She loved the bumbo, and still fits in it at 6 months, but has sat by herself since 4.5months. A lot of stuff just depends on the baby, some stuff they love, and some they don't. I've had things highly recommended that just didn't work out for us, so we ended up spending too much money on stuff we just didn't use.

I wish we wouldn't have gotten a bassinet, or at least done some research. There was NO WAY I was going to put my tiny little newborn in a place where I couldn't see her from my bed.  I couldn't even sleep because I kept standing up to check on her, so that thing was put in the garage after a few days...
If I had realized this could have been a problem and gotten one that was bed level or clear, we wouldn't have ended up bedsharing, which kind of sucks with a squirmy baby.

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally feel that video baby monitor's are a waste of money...what are you going to do? stay awake all night to watch baby sleep? makes no sense to me. I have always used and swear by the Angel Care Monitor... it has a motion pad so that if the monitor doesn't sense baby breathing it alarms and startles baby to breath as well as alerts you that something is wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN