Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

The Bradley Method?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone herd of this? did anyone find it helpful? i cant tell if it is just a money maker or if it is worth it.

http://www.bradleybirth.com/Content.aspx

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybellygirl
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

It is worth it. I did not use it, but everyone that I know who used it loved it. And I have been in birthing groups and such for a number of years now. It really does a great job of preparing your birth partner, compared to other methods. I still strongly recommend hiring a doula, though, because studies show a drastic decrease of c-sections, meds used, PPD and higher nursing rates for women who have doula for support rather than solely the baby's father. You can go to DONA.org to search. : ) 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

The class is worth it. I did use it for all my births. I just wish we had a different instructors for ours. But everyone I know loves it.

brittany208
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I kind of used it (Got a great book from the library, read it, did what I remembered from it lol) and highly recommend it. Definitely not a scam. I read it again this pregnancy, and probably will again right before my due date bc I think it makes a lot of sense.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

It's worth it.

I bought ONE book during my first pregnancy- Husband Coached Childbirth By Dr. Bradley. 

That one book got me through a completely natural birth- in a hospital, no less. It's worth it.

3kidz123
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Does just having and reading the book work? I looked up classes but there are none in Syracuse. I want the most natural birth posible, I loved my homebirth but can't find a midwife to do one in Syracuse. Luckily I have 3 hospitals all next to eachother to choose from and two have a birth center. I'm going to try to get into a birth center...I have to apply for medicaid this week and then see if any of them will take it. If not I plan on using the hospital with private labor/delivery/portpardom rooms and just checking me and baby out after 24 hours. Anyways I'd like to try this method...what did you like about it?

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's worth it.

I bought ONE book during my first pregnancy- Husband Coached Childbirth By Dr. Bradley. 

That one book got me through a completely natural birth- in a hospital, no less. It's worth it.

brittany208
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Taking a class is probably better if one is available, but I'm just reading the book a couple times and that will be good for me .

Quoting 3kidz123:

Does just having and reading the book work? I looked up classes but there are none in Syracuse. I want the most natural birth posible, I loved my homebirth but can't find a midwife to do one in Syracuse. Luckily I have 3 hospitals all next to eachother to choose from and two have a birth center. I'm going to try to get into a birth center...I have to apply for medicaid this week and then see if any of them will take it. If not I plan on using the hospital with private labor/delivery/portpardom rooms and just checking me and baby out after 24 hours. Anyways I'd like to try this method...what did you like about it?

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's worth it.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM

It will do if you are able to really embrace and practice what it preaches, so to say. I also really like Birthing From Within. 

Quoting 3kidz123:

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's worth it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
mommybellygirl
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Thanks ladies! I will definitly buy the book now. too bad the closest classes are like 3 hours away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)