Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cholestasis of Pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 19 Replies
Has anyone else had this? If so, what were your symptoms? When did they start? What course of action was taken? What was the outcome?

I'm waiting to get my test results back, hopefully they're in before my doctor's office closes this evening. I'm trying hard not to freak out. ;)

Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Bump!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

not here, but bump

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I never have, but I hope everything turns out ok!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Thanks for the bump!

Quoting meam4444:

not here, but bump

MrS.GiFFord
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I had it. I just delivered my baby girl at 40 weeks, 5 days because of it. Dr ordered the test and said my liver enzymes were elevated. They induced me that morning. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I was tested for this around 36 weeks after having developed what turned out to be PUPPs. I was told if it had been cholestasis, there was medication to help control bile levels and they would have been monitoring levels at each appointment. My doctor would have wanted to discuss inducing at 39 weeks, since a chance of stillbirth increases.

Luckily cholestasis of pregnancy is pretty rare, so hopefully your test results will be good.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Ok, thank you! :)

Quoting mrsniebo:

I was tested for this around 36 weeks after having developed what turned out to be PUPPs. I was told if it had been cholestasis, there was medication to help control bile levels and they would have been monitoring levels at each appointment. My doctor would have wanted to discuss inducing at 39 weeks, since a chance of stillbirth increases.

Luckily cholestasis of pregnancy is pretty rare, so hopefully your test results will be good.

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Do you remember when your symptoms began, how severe they were and what your level was?

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

I had it. I just delivered my baby girl at 40 weeks, 5 days because of it. Dr ordered the test and said my liver enzymes were elevated. They induced me that morning. ;)
MrS.GiFFord
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I know I started feeling itchy around 32 weeks and the Dr just had me on benadryl which never really worked since it just put me to sleep. Well she did labs at 40 weeks because it was getting pretty bad. They induced me right away and I'm not sure what my levels were or how severe. I probably would have been induced early if I had told her that the symptoms weren't getting any better. I just didn't want to be induced. :(

Quoting TTC2Long:

Do you remember when your symptoms began, how severe they were and what your level was?

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Wow, you went a long time with it. Scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Thanks for sharing! :)

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

I know I started feeling itchy around 32 weeks and the Dr just had me on benadryl which never really worked since it just put me to sleep. Well she did labs at 40 weeks because it was getting pretty bad. They induced me right away and I'm not sure what my levels were or how severe. I probably would have been induced early if I had told her that the symptoms weren't getting any better. I just didn't want to be induced. :(

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)