Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I PASSED OUT!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:20 PM
  • 1 Replies
Ok, so I'm very suprised to even be on the computer right now because I came home early from work sick. So heres my story. Today I went to have my blood taken for my first pregnancy blood tests and she said the doctor had requested 9 tests. So she started in my right arm but when she got the needle in apparently it didnt go in deep enough because she kept having to push it in further, multipule times. This was obviously painful and I let her know. Well finally she was done with that arm but she had only taken one vile of blood and she had atleast four waiting to fill :( So she said she needed my left arm. While she was finding the vain in my left arm I started to feel very nauseous and my ears started to hum the next thing I know I am sitting in the chair with water all over me. The nurse told me that I had passed out and she tried to feed me water but I spit it back onto her and then they had to splash my face with it because they couldn't wake me up! This was sooo weird I have never passed out before in my life. And all the nurse did after I finally woke up was tell me that once I left I needed to go get something sweet to eat. This happened at like 12 today, I came home ate some YoGo's and part of a Sub and slept for like 4 hours. I went to work but by the time I got there I felt worse. So I thought it might help to eat something. I got a salad and an orange juice but then I just kept feeling bad. They let me leave after like 2 hours. Now I'm home but I still feel sick. Im afraid to go have blood taken again :/. And I am hoping I feel better by the morning. I have off from work and its supposed to be a very nice day out. Anyway sorry this story was so long but I just wanted to see if anyone has gone through this before.
Thanks eveyone!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
alibaby
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:33 PM
Man that happens to me anytime anyone pokes me with a needle or takes my blood! Even before i got pregnant! I have passed out on 3 nurses in the past and now i always ask them to lay me down before i get any shots or any blood taken and it has really helped. I woudln't worry about it if i were you. Every time i have passed out I felt really bad for the day but the doctor said it was just my body being stressed from passing out. If it happens again when you arent getting poked with a needle then I would definitely talk to a doctor about it but otherwise don't worry!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)