Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy and yeast infections

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

What can I take if I get one?  The same thing that happened with my son is happening now.  With my son I got sick enough a few times to where I needed to be on amoxicillin and the medication gave me a yeast infection.  For the life of me I can't remember what I took to make it go away.  I do remember that Vagisil anti itch cream made it ten times worse.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I do garlic cloves and up my yogurt and not the sugary kind either.

I do a garlic clove three nights in a row. I cut slits in it and put a string through it to get it out easier.

Vcoskey
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM
For the first infection during pregnancy, see doc first. They will want to test and make sure all is well (no stds, no UTI, no BV), and then will either write an inexpensive script, or tell you to do Monistat 7. Make sure it's only 7, though - the 3 and 5 day treatments are off limits because of the higher dosage of medicine in them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I also do the garlic clove treatment. 

JustCallMeBritt
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM
This exactly. I'm supee prone to them this pregnancy. My dr would trip if I didn't go see him first

Quoting Vcoskey:

For the first infection during pregnancy, see doc first. They will want to test and make sure all is well (no stds, no UTI, no BV), and then will either write an inexpensive script, or tell you to do Monistat 7. Make sure it's only 7, though - the 3 and 5 day treatments are off limits because of the higher dosage of medicine in them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaCarterof5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Garlic will cure it faster thn anything else will. Also, try eating yogurt or take a probiotic from here on out the rest of pregnancy to keep the yeasty beasties away.

sfank
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM

This. Yogurt or probiotics daily can be very effective in keeping them away and I'm extra careful when on antibiotics. I was on a lot of antibiotics after having my daughter (bad uterine infection and two bouts of mastitis) and just made sure to eat yogurt every day and no yeast infections. It might not work that well for everyone but it's sure worth a try!

Quoting MamaCarterof5:

Garlic will cure it faster thn anything else will. Also, try eating yogurt or take a probiotic from here on out the rest of pregnancy to keep the yeasty beasties away.

Dreamly
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Up your water and yogurt. That's what helped me. I stayed away from all treatment unless it got really bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN