Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had the flu-Worried about how much the baby has had to eat?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I've been down with the flu for 2 days now. All I've been able to get down is water, gatorade, a little chicken noodle soup, rice, and crackers. And even when I did eat, it was only a few bites..I'm really worried about the baby having enough to eat...Will she still grow properly? Do you think she's hungry??? I was able to get down a bagel this morning. I just feel so awful for not being able to give her more..

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zombiemommy7
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I wouldnt worry about it. Some women actually lose weight in the first trimester due to morning sickness. I could hardly eat or keep anything down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zombiemommy7
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Just make sure youre taking you prenatal vitamin. :)
coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Yeah, but I'm 30 weeks =[

Quoting zombiemommy7:

I wouldnt worry about it. Some women actually lose weight in the first trimester due to morning sickness. I could hardly eat or keep anything down.

zombiemommy7
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I wouldnt worry about it. But if it bothers you that much why dont you call and ask your dr?

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting zombiemommy7:

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Yeah, I probably will

Quoting zombiemommy7:

I wouldnt worry about it. But if it bothers you that much why dont you call and ask your dr?

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting zombiemommy7:

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried taking zofran? That helped me. Even when I had the stomach flu. It helped enough to get something down. Outside of that, I reccommend the BRAT diet. (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast.) Either way, your baby should be fine
Emilytrademark
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM

As much as that sucks, your baby will be fine! The baby will still get what she needs from your body. The most important thing you can do right now is stay hydrated.

BabyFruit Ticker
Vcoskey
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes - this!
Our bodies are designed to feed baby first and always. Every time you eat, baby gets nutrients BEFORE you. Part of the reason we out on weight is to have fat stores to feed the baby in the event that we skip a meal, get sick, etc. your baby will pull what she needs from your body, I promise! I has the flu for four days, lost weight, and baby STILL grew! Nature has this totally under control. Above all else - stay hydrated! Even if all the liquid keeps coming back up, drink drink drink!
Feel better soon momma!

Quoting Emilytrademark:

As much as that sucks, your baby will be fine! The baby will still get what she needs from your body. The most important thing you can do right now is stay hydrated.

JasmineJoy
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Don't worry. The food that you do eat goes to the baby first and then you get the leftovers lol.

Cynthje
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Try not to worry, the biggest risk is actually to you. Make sure to stay well hydrated and anything you can keep down does help! Your body was made for this and your baby is well protected in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN