Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

IS IT NORMAL?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

IM ALWAYS so tired and im only about 13 weeks.. i mean even for me to wake up in the morning im so lazy and cant get up.. even taking a showe , brushing my teeth or shaving i hate doing im so tired all the time....i cant really eat , if i do its maybe only once a day in the afternoon ... i try drinking water but sometimes cnt keep it down so i eat alot of ice.... also for some reason i can keep coke down so i drink about 2 cans of soda a day or more.. is it bad to drink so much soda? is it nomal to be so tired all day eveyday?

edit 

so i went into the emergency for vomiting .. well while i was their they said i had a kidney infection.. so i stop drinking soda and i'm drinking only water ....... other than that my baby is fine so i feel good

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Soda isn't the best option, obviously, but it's better than absolutely nothing. Have you tried mixing fruit juice with soda water? That might help! 

nicole2884
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM
It has alot of sugar so you may want to watch what other sugar your eating
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sfank
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Being tired is definitely normal. I'd try to avoid that much soda if possible, or at least go for non-caffinated options. Caffine is a diuretic so caffinated beverages don't really count for hydration. Maybe try to switch to ginger ale or fruit juice with soda water like Amber said. Hopefully this stage passes soon and you can get back to being yourself. Good luck!

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM
How is your iron? Yes, feeling tired is normal, to some extent. Be sure you're eating lots of iron rich foods everyday. That is better for you than a supplement.

I'd lay off the soda - it's just dehydrating you more. I like sparkling water and whole fruit juice, not fake sugary crap.
fkh8ah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I agree with laying off the soda..fatigue is definitely normal, but the soda isnt helping.

Hope you get better mama :-)
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I'm the same way and I'm 20 weeks. I find on the days I MAKE myself shower I feel better.

And coke really helps my sickness too! Its fine in moderation:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabrielle1982
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I was like that UNTIL 13 weeks and I had the same love affair with soda.  Not to mention, this may sound weird, but I swear my saliva tastes like venom and water just makes it worse.  I found that chewing gum helped with my morning sicknes.s.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I agree

Quoting sfank:

Being tired is definitely normal. I'd try to avoid that much soda if possible, or at least go for non-caffinated options. Caffine is a diuretic so caffinated beverages don't really count for hydration. Maybe try to switch to ginger ale or fruit juice with soda water like Amber said. Hopefully this stage passes soon and you can get back to being yourself. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I was like that for awhile too all I did was work and sleep work and sleep haha and I have loved soda this whole pregnancy. I have at least one a day since I've gotten pregnant and I'm fine, no diabetes nothin I'm almost 32 weeks :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN