Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What to clean with when your five weeks.

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am scared to do anything this is my second pregnancy and i am five weeks pregnant. I am wondering if what i can use to clean with? I don't want to hurt the baby.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jensep
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Just make sure the room is venalated, don't close any doors, if you can open windows do that too...you should be fine with anything! 

My friend is a cleaning lady, and worked up until she had her baby...

amyershoney
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM

i am five weeks also i wont do anything but wash dishes sweep an other lil things..just to stay safe..

Mamato.3
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM

If you are worried try cleaners from Seventh Generation or the Clorox Green Works, you can always use vinegar and baking soda too.  

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I always use homemade cleaners - baking soda and vinegar are perfectly safe and clean just as well as commercial cleaners.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thecubanator
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Big fan of vinegar & baking soda! I'm new to switching over to natural cleaning. I'm almost 28 on my 3rd pregnancy and am always weary of cleaning with anything that even has a remotely small smell. I was skeptical  of going the natural method but so far have been really impressed with it. Baking soda + vinegar + lemon juice got rid of the boy smell in our guest bathroom. There's lots of information out on the web!!

Nicole060812
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I just stay away from bleach. I like Lysol cleaners personally
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Soap & water?

I never changed what I used to clean while I was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I am switching over to natural cleaners. I love my new all purpose (even good on glass). It's 1/2 c vinegar, 2 cups water and 15 drops of tea tree oil. Shake gently before using, keeps in a used (and rinsed) spray bottle.

The vinegar cleans and the tto is a natural disinfectant. You can also add other eos to make it smell better, I like just the tto though.

Hope you find something you are comfortable with. I've become more and more uncomfortable with brand name cleaners since having kids. I'm just not ok with exposing them to the chemicals, as dd gets separation anxiety and has to be in the bathroom with me while I clean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM

You can clean with your normal cleaners. Just keep the room ventilated.

MommyShanna2011
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM

You should be able to clean with your usual cleaners in a well ventilated room.
But as soon as I had my DS (though not while pregnant with him) I started using baking soda/vinegar/oxyclean instead of regular cleaners, then used disinfectant wipes to disinfect. That was just my personal preference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN