Thursday March7th I had a Dr appointment. My Dr wanted to induce me on Monday the 11th (high blood pressure) He has been holding off b/c the baby was still pretty high up but I was dilated 2cm. The hospital only allows 5 scheduled inductions and they were full for Monday. They put me on the waiting list. Sunday my Dr called to tell me that there still were not any openings but he wanted me to come in for an NST in the morning and if my blood pressure was high they would keep me and induce me if not then they would send me home.
Sunday night thru Monday morning I had been having a lot of little contractions. Monday morning my bp was still up pretty good (they took it normal and on my side). They kept me for induction. At 11:15ish I was checked/started baby was high and I was still only 2cm. They put something on my cervix to "soften and ripen" it. This helped bring on my contractions more too. All day the nurses were asking how my pain was and I would tell them it was around a 4 it was tolerable but I did need to breath through my contractions. Around 5pm I went to the bathroom and when I came out my contractions picked up and I felt like I was leaking fluid when I contracted too. The Dr checked me about 5:15pm and I was 4- 4 1/2cm. My contractions were getting strong fast and I was now crying through them. They couldn't give me an epi b/c the epi ppl were in a c section at that time. I was feeling my body push at the end of the contractions and the nurse tells me "Isn't it amazing how your body will naturally push the baby down nice and low".... My baby girl was born at 5:43pm with Dr.s running in to catch her lol. We weren't sure if she was a boy or a girl until then and hubby finally said yes to the middle name(s) that I really wanted for her too : )
Rosalie McKenna Marie 9lbs 8ozs 19 1/2in
with her big brother and big sister : ) 1 day old
Sleeping nice and warm and cozy