Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Immodium safe for pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

My doctor's office is closed for the weekend and I've had horrible diarrhea and gas and a gurgly stomach...I feel awful. I've had it since Wednesday. I vaguely remember my doc saying Immodium was safe to take but I can't remember for sure. If so, is the generic brand just as safe?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I'm not positive but I want to say it's on my ok'd list.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM

If you have something messing up your stomach, it's best to let it run it's course. Diarrhea is your body's way of gettnig rid of gastrointestinal illnesses. Keep hydrated as best you can and wait it out. if you feel like you just can't cope with it, though, I think you *can* take immodium as a one-time thing.

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I've tried to let it run it's course. I've had it since Wednesday =[ And at this rate I feel like I'm letting out more fluid than I'm able to get in. I'm running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.

Quoting Pandapanda:

If you have something messing up your stomach, it's best to let it run it's course. Diarrhea is your body's way of gettnig rid of gastrointestinal illnesses. Keep hydrated as best you can and wait it out. if you feel like you just can't cope with it, though, I think you *can* take immodium as a one-time thing.

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I'm looking at my list. Imodium and kaopectate are ok but it's best to treat with "rest and fluids".
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM

If it's been going on that long, you should call your doctor asap on Monday!

Quoting coffeemom37043:

I've tried to let it run it's course. I've had it since Wednesday =[ And at this rate I feel like I'm letting out more fluid than I'm able to get in. I'm running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I'm going to call their emergency line if it isn't better tonight. Last night was awful D= Something isn't right

Quoting Pandapanda:

If it's been going on that long, you should call your doctor asap on Monday!

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting Pandapanda:

screamykittycat
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM
It's ok. My doctor suggested taking it when I was dealing with medication-induced diarrhea I'm my first trimester. I took it pretty frequently and my baby just arrived 5 weeks ago and is perfect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured