Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could choose your baby's sex, would you?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 44 Replies

Why?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamato.3
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No. In my experience, "fate" has had a way of knowing what was best for me better than I have :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Get what I want in the order I want or completely avoid one sex. I would have been done having kids lol

Mainly I see it being used by those who have genetic conditions that would effect one sex over the other.
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

No.  As much as I would love to have a son at the end of the day I've learned (the hard way) it doesn't matter.  Not to mention with the way things have been with me I very seriously believe that I CANT have a son and I'm pretty sure any pregnancy with a boy would end in m/c (I've had 6 losses and 2 were confirmed boys.. the first 3 were too early-before 6wks-and the 5th loss they "lost" my tissue samples and were unable to do the tests but I KNOW it was a boy). 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

No. I'm happy with the "luck of the draw".

Ruffnekwife87
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Yes, because I want a baby boy so bad and this is last time I will ever have a baby. I have already had 2 girls I would love to have a boy. BUT I will be more then happy with what ever I'm having as long as its happy and healthy! 4 more weeks until I find out!!
tashaluvanthony
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Yes I would definitely! I have one boy and i don't want another one. I want a girl! Which i believe the one that I'm prego with now(I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE SEX) is a boy and I'm VERY disappointed! So yes i wish i could choose......
keeler_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Sometimes I wish I could have chosen but in the end my dd has 3 big brothers to protect her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ruffnekwife87
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Docs did a genetics test on me and said its most likely I carry the same gene as my grandmother which means I won't be able to have a boy ):

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Yep. Get what I want in the order I want or completely avoid one sex. I would have been done having kids lol

Mainly I see it being used by those who have genetic conditions that would effect one sex over the other.

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I leave it in God's hands.  =)

lifeforchrist
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Thats a horrible idea. Making one sex preferable over the other is why China has no women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured