Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

when should I start doing "kick count"?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

so, i'm 30 weeks pregnant, and i feel her move all the time but i have been reading on here that a lot of moms suggest kick count. i have never really counted her kicks, so when is it that most moms start actually trying too count baby's kicks? how many kicks should i feel in a period of time? and what is the length of time i should feel that amount of kicks? (: 

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
yuki_onna
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:44 AM
I just had this talk with my.ob. they said to start doing it at 27 weeks. Since your 30 weeks and you know when your little one moves the most lay on your side and count 10 kicks in the course of 1 hr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelalove
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:46 AM

does that mean i should feel at least 10 kicks every hour? and what did your ob say too do if you don't feel any kicks?

Quoting yuki_onna:

I just had this talk with my.ob. they said to start doing it at 27 weeks. Since your 30 weeks and you know when your little one moves the most lay on your side and count 10 kicks in the course of 1 hr.

yuki_onna
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think every hour she gave me a paper saying to count when you know she's most active. And if you feel less movement call the doctor or if you feel something totally wrong go to the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
40sandPreg
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I just got a paper from my ob saying @ 28 weeks take an hour in the morn & an hour in the evening & about 4 to 10 kicks in that hour is normal.
I'm only 26w 3d today though & in the last couple of weeks when I'm quiet & she's active I do counts & use a free pregnancy app on my phone to record it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I never did a kick count with my first and don't plan to do it with this one either. Not sure why I would need to... LO kicks the crap out of me, so I know he's perfectly healthy in there.

bellaaax3
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

when i was pregnant, i read you should start doing it in the 3rd trimester and then i asked my doctor about it and he said if i don't feel him kick for a period of time, then i can count kicks if i want to and about 6 weeks before my dute date, if i didn't feel kicks for more than a day to just call him and tell him. he said it's really not important until you're closer to your due date. but to answer your other questions, they say you're supposed to feel 10 kicks every hour, but don't think about that too much. sometimes your baby will kick a lot for a few hours and then stop for an hour. as long as your baby is generally active

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I have never been told to do them. Even with my second that I had a Dr with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)