Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fitness Gurus!!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and having difficulty sleeping due to my legs being jumpy. Right before I dose off my muscles twitch and they don't relax enough for me to fall asleep...my husband always ends up massaging them for me to go to sleep, not that I"m complaining about that....

But my question is, if I worked out with some cardio or squats would that help the muscles relax at night or make it worse?

BabyFetus Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Do some stretches before bed and in the morning. Massaging them before bed.

ame0608
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

After I retired from my job as a dancer (ballet and modern), I had something similar and the advice I got was that I needed some movement: biking, running or yoga.

Have you tried a prenatal yoga class? That might help. (And I'm not just saying that because I teach yoga now :) I've heard to be careful of spinning/stationary bike classes throughout pregnancy, which is terrible because they're fun :).

WonderWomanSV
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I'll try some yoga, thanks. There's not a class in my small town, but I can check it out on youtube.

Quoting ame0608:

After I retired from my job as a dancer (ballet and modern), I had something similar and the advice I got was that I needed some movement: biking, running or yoga.

Have you tried a prenatal yoga class? That might help. (And I'm not just saying that because I teach yoga now :) I've heard to be careful of spinning/stationary bike classes throughout pregnancy, which is terrible because they're fun :).

BabyFetus Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

ame0608
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

If you have Netflix, I know you can rent videos too! There are a couple of good ones I know of. Shiva Rea is good and Jennifer Wolfe is pretty well respected too! If you don't have Netflix, maybe your local library will have some?

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

I'll try some yoga, thanks. There's not a class in my small town, but I can check it out on youtube.

Duquesne
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Cal mag pills will help as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sfank
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's a link to my favourite prenatal yoga routine on youtube. It's really basic so it's easy if you have no experience like me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xukpu9Ls3As

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Quoting ame0608:

chickensmommy
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Spinning and the elliptical are working great for me. I recommend cycling shoes for spinning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shelbybridge
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Try doing cardio about once or twice a week, but do not push it! Then do yoga atleast 3 times a week! Also treat yourself to a professional massage, it is so worht it. you need all of the sleep you can get before your precious one arrives!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN