Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have a VBAC?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello all!

My first child was taken c-section, not emergency, just opted for it after 10 hours of labor and the only progress was going from 1/2 cm to 1cm dilation. My OB/GYN said after the first C-section the rest will probably have to be as well, but there is a possibility of VBAC. I'd really like to have a vaginal birth for my second child. I'm not pregnant yet but we are trying to conceive. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything I can do to make a VBAC more likely? My first child is 13 months old. I've lost all my baby weight (actually down below my pre-baby weight, yay!) and am more active than before my first pregnancy. What factors affect ability to have a vaginal birth after cesarean?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Doulala is a great one for stuff like this! Its totally possible! I dont know what you can do before pregnancy to increase your chances for a vbac except lots of research! I found some good stuff when I was going for mine! I hope this helps!

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/275854-overview

funhappymom
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM

First thing you need to do is talk to your doctor. Some doctors/hospitals will not attempt VBACs, it's too much liability for them. If you are really serious about doing a VBAC then you may need to find a new doctor.

You should also find other ways to deal with labor. There are some natural ways you can deal with the pain of labor and help you dialate-different positions help greatly for that.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Usually the biggest difficulty to overcome is finding a good care provider.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

You can find a care provider that will support you 200% and won't put non-evidenced based limitations on your pregnancy or birth. 

I've had 5 vbacs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN