Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding? Please help!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 25 Replies
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and started bleeding on Friday. It was more a AF bleeding. Went to ER and they said my cervix was closed and to come back on Monday to check my HCG levels to see if they are rising. My mind has been racing wondering if I'm having a miscarriage.

Have you had bleeding during your pregnancy and you still carried your baby to term?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firsttimer612
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

if its still alot and red i would go back to the er... if its brown though its old blood which is a good thing and its possibly a subchoronic(sp) bleed. 

i started bleeding at about 7wks and was told it was a subchoronic(sp) bleed and im now 13w3d and just noticed my bleeding may have stopped since i havent had any for the last two days.

praying everything is ok with your bean and hoping you have a very sticky baby 

momma4xover
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I had bleeding twice with my 3rd, and once with my 5th (due June)... everytime it was just something random. Go get the tests done and see what doctors say, try not to worry until you know whats really going on.

mommylizTB2809
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

with my daughter i started bleeding 4 weeks i was put on bed rest for 1 month and the bleeding stop i carred ther to full trem. she is healthy and happy. but before my daughter i had a misscarege. so because of my past if i was in your shoes i would go to the er again, but if it brown blood. thats good. good luck. plz keep us up to date

Shesmyworld1
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
It's like a dark reddish brown color. Sorry TMI. Looks like bleeding is stopping. Thank God! Will find out tomorrow if everything is ok and will update everyone on here.

Thank you
sissykay78
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:45 AM
I bled for 24 weeks straight! I also did 24 weeks of bedrest starting at 7 weeks. I had Subchoronic Hematomas..Which was made worse because of my health conditions I have to take shots of blood thinners daily. But let me say I bled tons and tons I also passed clots some the length of my hand. I was so shocked everytime I went to get another ultrasound that the baby was in there..Usually it was red blood as much as af then it would turn to brown. I'm having my little girl by csection in 10 days..I still bleed but not nearly as much and usually only if I overdo it during the day. I pray everything works out for you and your lil one!!
tinka_pixie
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:22 AM

the doctors always ask, are you filling a pad at least every hour? if so, that's bad. but if the blood isn't freshly pink, and isnt in excess of a pad an hour, then thats probably why they didn't keep you. some women continue to have their AF for many months while pregnant. I did with my first.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Shesmyworld1
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Thank you for your comments. At the Dr now waiting to see what is going on.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My first 1st, 5th and 6th I bleed like like on my period and all were miscarriages. my 4th I had some spotting and for the first time went over my estimated due date.

I am sorry but only time will tell. Good luck and hope all is well.

Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I've been bleeding/spotting off and on with this pregnancy and am 15 wks 4 days. We haven't really found the source of the bleed, but they assume I have a sensitive cervix, but everything else looks great. Sometimes it's light brown, dark brown, pink, bright red...all depends on whats going on that day I guess. Doc is no longer worried as baby is growing just fine.

I hope everything goes well for you today :)
LuvNmyGrl
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Good luck I hope your appt goes well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN