Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting more and more nervous about labor...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 36 Replies

I just can't help it. It is on my mind so much. I have no idea what to expect and I HATE needles!! =[ I feel like after I get the epidural a load will be lifted off my shoulders...But I can't help dreading that moment...Anyone else feel like this? How do you find comfort?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMama1125
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I had the same fear...but during labor & when the pain got so intense... I really didn't care about the needle for the epidural... I just wanted that pain relief.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Why not just skip the epidural?

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Honestly what helped me is having confidence in myself and my ability! Our bodies are made for this!! You can do it, your strong. Keep telling yourself that over and over again. With baby #1 I was nervous, now I look at each one like a challenge!! I LOVE it :)

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Absolutely! Trust in your body, skip the epidural!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Agreed! There are TONS of safer natural ways to help manage pain during labor...

I do admit with my first i gave in and got the epi at 9.5 cm. I couldnt ever again. You feel abaolutely wonderful after natural birth over medicated.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2012Rabbit12
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I dont want to scare u, but If your labor is anything like mine was u will be in so much pain, u will not be bothered by the needle at all, u wont even be afraid of it.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Definately I could give 1,000 personal reasons why I wouldn't wish an epi on anyone, but for lack of scaring the poor girl I will not go through them. But yes, your so absolutely right!!

Quoting KristinCarr:

Agreed! There are TONS of safer natural ways to help manage pain during labor...

I do admit with my first i gave in and got the epi at 9.5 cm. I couldnt ever again. You feel abaolutely wonderful after natural birth over medicated.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

That's kinda what I'm hoping for lol

Quoting 2012Rabbit12:

I dont want to scare u, but If your labor is anything like mine was u will be in so much pain, u will not be bothered by the needle at all, u wont even be afraid of it.

2012Rabbit12
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry, its just everyone told me, labor isnt that bad, u can do it without pain relief, and when it was my time i felt they had all lied to me... and i wasnt prepared. i would definetly recommend a childbirth class, i think that could help calm your fears alot. :)

2012Rabbit12
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM

its true! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)