Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Homebirthing, patricularly waterbirthing Momma's??? Sorry kinda long!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 12 Replies
I had my first official prenatal visit today with my Midwife. First of all let me say WOW! The last meeting was to do paperwork etc and she came here. This time we went to her office in her home. She told me the care I would recieve with them would be very different then what I was used to and BOY WAS SHE Right!! We spent 2 hrs there, going over things, and chatting. And of coarse we listened to the baby, and did the urine sample, and drew blood, and weighed in. And all the fun stuff. But we chatted and laughed. It was more like meeting with a friend then meeting with a Dr or something. Very awesome. So anyway I had this one question I wanted to ask..JUST ONE, on my mind. And then I completely forgot to ask!! I am gonna email her but figured I would ask here too! We are planning a waterbirth this time. My last homebirth wasn't exactly planned, so I just delivered in my most comfortable position. So anyway I am trying to kinda get a plan of where to set everything up and where to deliver. I have a very large bedroom, so I can easily deliver with room in there. And we can set up the tub in there, but its not exactly right next to our bathroom. Our bathroom, closet, etc are like around the corner. So I am trying to think, how would we fill it up. So I guess my question is, how did you fill your tub?? And did you have your tub in the most convenient place to fill whether it had a bed near or not, or did you chose the place you put the tub, where there was also a bed? Hope that makes since!! And sorry so long, been a long exciting day and I am talkative :)

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

You can always carry buckets back and forth? I'm wondering about filling our tub too. 

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Yea!! Well I am glad I am not the only one HAHA. I assumed there is a universal type hook up to your faucet or something. But I am not sure, and even if so I mean how long could it really be. YOu know?

Quoting Pandapanda:

You can always carry buckets back and forth? I'm wondering about filling our tub too. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM
What about draining it??

Quoting NoraDun:

Yea!! Well I am glad I am not the only one HAHA. I assumed there is a universal type hook up to your faucet or something. But I am not sure, and even if so I mean how long could it really be. YOu know?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I had a hospital water birth & they filled my tub with a hose. I never saw how they drained it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Good point!! I am so glad I am not the only one with questions HAHA, I felt like this was gonna be a stupid question HAHA!! I feel like the magic Midwives bring them in like magic while no one notices, and discard of them as well. Its all MAGIC!! HAHA

Quoting kmqw229:

What about draining it??

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Pandapanda:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Lol!!

Quoting NoraDun:

Good point!! I am so glad I am not the only one with questions HAHA, I felt like this was gonna be a stupid question HAHA!! I feel like the magic Midwives bring them in like magic while no one notices, and discard of them as well. Its all MAGIC!! HAHA

Quoting kmqw229:

What about draining it??

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

The waterbirth I attended a couple weeks ago was in a hospital. They had a hose running from the bathroom faucet to the tub. And a pump with the same hose to drain it into the bathtub. If your hose is long enough, you should be able to put your tub wherever you want. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.kadester.J
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Our first was a homebirth with a midwife, we set the pool up in the kitchen. You will want to get a long new hose and depending on where you hook it up a focet adapter. Pots on the stove to boil water for keeping the pool warm, and when your not in it covering it with a tarp or plastic tablecloth to keep the heat in.

We loved our midwives, we are UP/UC this time and i've found myself missing that ”friend chatty birth” time I had with my midwives during my last pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy9164
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM

my midwife gives us hoses to hook up to ur hot water heater, thats how we plan on filling our pool! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)