Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: when is the earliest my Dr can see the sex...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
when is the earliest my Dr. can see the sex of the baby
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM

About 15 weeks usually for mostly accurate. For definite accuracy I would wait until 18 weeks though.

A-WAHL
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
The earliest mine could was 15 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura94
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM

thanks.....its been so long I couldn't remember....My daughter just had an ultrasound and she is 16 weeks and they could see it was a boy I just want to make sure that the Dr. was accurate or also her dates are correct as this was  not a planned pregnancy and she has never kept track of her periods....Also does anyone remember when they felt movement

angela84
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM

If its your first pregnancy, it can take a little longer but it can begin around 16-22 weeks to feel movement. This is my first pregnancy and I am on the thinner side so I was actually able to detect slight movement at 15 weeks. It took me about 3 nights of feeling the same movement to realize and admit that it wasn't gas bubbles. I don't feel it during the day because of all of the outside stimuli, but at night when we turn off the tv and I lay down to sleep I can feel it because I try to concentrate a little more on my body's feelings at that point.

pregnancy
I want to be a breastfeeding, babywearing, roomsharing, cloth diapering, working Momma!
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I would not trust anything before 20 weeks.

bellaaax3
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM

my doctor said he was able to tell the sex for some people at 10 weeks, but generally, they can tell at around 15-16 weeks

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

15 wks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)