Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Chances of becoming pregnant while NOT ovulating?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • 20 Replies
Lately, I haven't been feeling like myself. Like something has come over me. I usually worry myself sick which is definitely something Ive been dealing with. I keep thinking, I may be pregnant. So thats what brought me here...

The last time I had sex was exactly 1 day after my period. The next time was 2 days later. Both times a condom was in use however there was a bit of unprotected foreplay...so we're looking at no ovulation and possible pre ejaculation fluid involved.

Last week, I came down with a case of food poisioning, so major stomach issues (mainly diarrhea with blood present) fatigue and body aches was present. I didn't see a doctor so a diagnosis wasn't made.

This week, I feel bloated in my lower abdominal area. When I wake up in the morning, I experience menstral like cramping. My breast aren't tender, but they feel larger for some reason. No sign of color or form changes. Heavier white thick discharge with no odor. Every now and then I get an acute stomach pain (the cramping you feel before diarrhea) and nausea. Ive also noticed longer sleep patterns and insomnia.

Does this sound like pregnancy symptoms? What are the chances that I am pregnant? No ovulation and pre ejaculation fluid? My period isnt due until the 24th of this month. Seems like that day is taking forever to get here, plus a bit of stress isn't helping.

Please help!
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM

It depends, if you ovulate early in your cycle you could be pregnant. Example if you have a 28 day cycle and your period last  cd1-cd7 and you had sex on cd 8 and cd 10 and you ovulate on lets say cd 13.. you have a decent chance.

As far as the rest its all up to chance,  depending on age, his sperm count, i would say your odds are low, but it only takes one sperm to make  it to the egg.

Sorry if im not much help :)

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Well if you don't ovulate the chance is zero right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Agreed of you KNOW somehow you didnt ovulate then theres no chance at all. U have to ovulate to get pregnant

Quoting NDADanceMom:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Well if you don't release an egg then there is absolutely no way to get pregnant.
Honeycombs456
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Isnt that 14days after ur period? Or im thinking of the wrong thing:/ I have an irregular period so I hadn't had my period like 2 months prior to finding out I was pregnant. I'd usually get my period at the end of the month when I would get it. I still don't understand how im pregnant with no period in 2 months before getting pregnant. Makes no sense to me at all

Quoting KristinCarr:

Agreed of you KNOW somehow you didnt ovulate then theres no chance at all. U have to ovulate to get pregnant

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Honeycombs456
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
... But by due date from u/s when I was six wks, says ... I conceived between the 14-18 (with no period 3months time)
JadeTigr7
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM
You can ovulate and not have a period.

To the OP. you have to have an egg and a sperm to make a baby, no egg, no baby.

Quoting Honeycombs456:

... But by due date from u/s when I was six wks, says ... I conceived between the 14-18 (with no period 3months time)

angevil53
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM
No egg...no baby. But how do you know there's not an egg?
Honeycombs456
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Just great :/ so how she assume my conceive date ? Just off how far I am? Out the due date? Or really its unknown when I conceived

Quoting JadeTigr7:

You can ovulate and not have a period.

To the OP. you have to have an egg and a sperm to make a baby, no egg, no baby.

Quoting Honeycombs456:

Honeycombs456
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I'm not the person of the title...lol, I now i'm pregnant ,im 11wks, just didn't understand how, I thought periods were needed somewhat before hand. But I understand they aren't
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)