Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Challenge-find someone you have something in common with

Posted by   + Show Post

Today I issue you each a challenge- Find someone (or even a couple someones), you have something in common with in this post.

All you need to do is tell us about you, then read the other replies and 'Quote' and 'Like' replies from the moms you have something in common with.

Maybe you are due in the same month, maybe you share the same name, maybe you have something the same in your backgrounds, whatever it is, let's see what you have in common.

I'll start-

My name is Jenn-wife to a wonderful man for the past 13 1/2 years. I'm mom to three kids- Benjamin is 9, Levi is 7 and Rebekah is 1. We live in central PA with our black lab mix-Belle. 

In our spare time we like to camp, hike, ride bikes, enjoy campfires, board games and wii.

I also enjoy sewing and reading when I'm not spending time with my family.

I grew up not far from where we live now and I have two sisters-I'm the middle brat (my sisters will agree, lol). My parents have been married 44 years and are more in love now than they were back then. 

I've previously worked in several retail and grocery stores, as a teller in a bank and as an administrative assistant for a cemetery. 

Are you up for the challenge? It's your turn :)

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM

You are not alone! I love the old lady hobbies myself. I quilt and do puzzles for fun. I used to scrapbook a lot but haven't done it lately. And at one point I was trying glass painting. I also like cats. I plan to be a crazy cat lady some day.

Quoting FarmMom383:

My name is katie, i am 19 weeks and 6 days (yay almost half way there).  I am the middle child, two sisters.  I live in MN but grew up in WI.  I like the outdoors, i ride horse, live and work on a farm.  my SO has a 10 year old daughter who i consider my own.  I am a cosmetologist for 8 years but no longer use my degree.  I have degrees in Psychology, child development, and business admin., however i use none ( i know it is weird) i love working on the farm to much.  I have lots of hobbies which my friends call "old lady hobbies"  i knit, quilt, paint, draw, crochet, and scrap book to name a few.  cant wait to see if i am the only one who likes the "old lady hobbies"!!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Mandy. I'm 27 and have been married to my husband for 6 years next month. We have been together since we were seniors in high school. We have 2 girls. They are 4 and 18 months. I am a stay at home Mom but I'm also a new doula. It will be more of a hobby than a job until my kids are older. We live on the Oregon coast where it rains way too much. I enjoy being outside, working in the yard, hiking, going to the beach, swimming (in the pool, not the ocean). 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I'm Amber- wife to Nate with two beautiful children (ages 2.5yrs and 15mo)  and one on the way this summer. 

I was a student midwife (on hold until the kids are older) but I still feel very deeply about midwifery and advocate for healthy births whenever possible. I try to learn something new every day that will help me offer more loving services to patients in the future! 

I love most Tim Burton movies, I love 80's rock (especially with female vocalists!), I don't like anything outdoorsy because of bugs, and I love to swim during the summer. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I love TWD and GoT! Not much longer til season 3!!!

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im Paula, married to a wonderful man 18 years my senior :). I have 2 beautiful girls, Adia (6) and Izzy (4)from a previous relationship. My husband and I are expecting Evageline on May 21st. He will be a first time father at age 48 so hes pretty damn excited. Dh is in grad school for Sociology and I am a stay at home mom working at opening my own restaurant. Dh and I love music....from punk to old school rap, to jazz, to rocka/psychobilly to folk. We love to dance. We also both love Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. And we have a mutual love of body modifications and thrift store shopping/picking

I personally enjoy reading, cooking, pin-up photography (model and collector), comic books, gardening, anything outdoors, and beer/wine.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'm Laura, 27 and wife to Kyle. Mother to Liam (4) and Lucas (first birthday on Friday). I have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice though I haven't worked since I was 6 weeks pregnant with Liam. I like spending time with my family, but really don't have many hobbies that I can do anymore since kids. I do like to scrapbook and cross-stitch. I have 3 dogs and 5 cats.

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I think I already am the crazy cat lady lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

You are not alone! I love the old lady hobbies myself. I quilt and do puzzles for fun. I used to scrapbook a lot but haven't done it lately. And at one point I was trying glass painting. I also like cats. I plan to be a crazy cat lady some day.

Quoting FarmMom383:

My name is katie, i am 19 weeks and 6 days (yay almost half way there).  I am the middle child, two sisters.  I live in MN but grew up in WI.  I like the outdoors, i ride horse, live and work on a farm.  my SO has a 10 year old daughter who i consider my own.  I am a cosmetologist for 8 years but no longer use my degree.  I have degrees in Psychology, child development, and business admin., however i use none ( i know it is weird) i love working on the farm to much.  I have lots of hobbies which my friends call "old lady hobbies"  i knit, quilt, paint, draw, crochet, and scrap book to name a few.  cant wait to see if i am the only one who likes the "old lady hobbies"!!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister is the crazy cat teenager.. future old crazy cat lady! lol

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting FarmMom383:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I had 5 cats when I was pregnant with Aimee. And I worked at an animal shelter so I was constantly fostering animals and trapping feral cats. Now I just have one cat. But I want more!

Quoting Pandapanda:

My sister is the crazy cat teenager.. future old crazy cat lady! lol

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting FarmMom383:

LaughingTattoo
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

It makes me smile that the finale for WD is the same night as the season opening for GoT....perfect timing!!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

I love TWD and GoT! Not much longer til season 3!!!

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im Paula, married to a wonderful man 18 years my senior :). I have 2 beautiful girls, Adia (6) and Izzy (4)from a previous relationship. My husband and I are expecting Evageline on May 21st. He will be a first time father at age 48 so hes pretty damn excited. Dh is in grad school for Sociology and I am a stay at home mom working at opening my own restaurant. Dh and I love music....from punk to old school rap, to jazz, to rocka/psychobilly to folk. We love to dance. We also both love Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. And we have a mutual love of body modifications and thrift store shopping/picking

I personally enjoy reading, cooking, pin-up photography (model and collector), comic books, gardening, anything outdoors, and beer/wine.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I am Rachel. OP, I have a Benjamin, too! : ) I knit, crochet and quilt. I have made my own wraps for wearing my babies. I EBF my first child 13.5 months, but he lost interest because I was pregnant. I am EBF our second child, who is eight months, we'll see how long he nurses. : ) I did not have car from August until taxes came back at the beginning of Feb, so I went a lil crazy... : ) I advocate for women to have informed births (not just natural births, but births that they know the benefits and risks of each procedure and are confident with every aspect of each procedure they consent to). I was born in Louisiana and lived in Washington state many years. Now, I live in Texas! : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)