Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Challenge-find someone you have something in common with

Posted by   + Show Post

Today I issue you each a challenge- Find someone (or even a couple someones), you have something in common with in this post.

All you need to do is tell us about you, then read the other replies and 'Quote' and 'Like' replies from the moms you have something in common with.

Maybe you are due in the same month, maybe you share the same name, maybe you have something the same in your backgrounds, whatever it is, let's see what you have in common.

I'll start-

My name is Jenn-wife to a wonderful man for the past 13 1/2 years. I'm mom to three kids- Benjamin is 9, Levi is 7 and Rebekah is 1. We live in central PA with our black lab mix-Belle. 

In our spare time we like to camp, hike, ride bikes, enjoy campfires, board games and wii.

I also enjoy sewing and reading when I'm not spending time with my family.

I grew up not far from where we live now and I have two sisters-I'm the middle brat (my sisters will agree, lol). My parents have been married 44 years and are more in love now than they were back then. 

I've previously worked in several retail and grocery stores, as a teller in a bank and as an administrative assistant for a cemetery. 

Are you up for the challenge? It's your turn :)

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I like reading too :)

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im Paula, married to a wonderful man 18 years my senior :). I have 2 beautiful girls, Adia (6) and Izzy (4)from a previous relationship. My husband and I are expecting Evageline on May 21st. He will be a first time father at age 48 so hes pretty damn excited. Dh is in grad school for Sociology and I am a stay at home mom working at opening my own restaurant. Dh and I love music....from punk to old school rap, to jazz, to rocka/psychobilly to folk. We love to dance. We also both love Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. And we have a mutual love of body modifications and thrift store shopping/picking

I personally enjoy reading, cooking, pin-up photography (model and collector), comic books, gardening, anything outdoors, and beer/wine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

LOVE Tim Burton!

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm Amber- wife to Nate with two beautiful children (ages 2.5yrs and 15mo)  and one on the way this summer. 

I was a student midwife (on hold until the kids are older) but I still feel very deeply about midwifery and advocate for healthy births whenever possible. I try to learn something new every day that will help me offer more loving services to patients in the future! 

I love most Tim Burton movies, I love 80's rock (especially with female vocalists!), I don't like anything outdoorsy because of bugs, and I love to swim during the summer. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I made a wrap to wear my 2nd baby :)

Quoting louzannalady:

I am Rachel. OP, I have a Benjamin, too! : ) I knit, crochet and quilt. I have made my own wraps for wearing my babies. I EBF my first child 13.5 months, but he lost interest because I was pregnant. I am EBF our second child, who is eight months, we'll see how long he nurses. : ) I did not have car from August until taxes came back at the beginning of Feb, so I went a lil crazy... : ) I advocate for women to have informed births (not just natural births, but births that they know the benefits and risks of each procedure and are confident with every aspect of each procedure they consent to). I was born in Louisiana and lived in Washington state many years. Now, I live in Texas! : ) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I'm Chey I have been with my husband Chris since high school . We have been together 9 years and married for 4. We have 4 children . Twin girls Riley and Cameron they are two. Two boys Caden who is two and adopted and Elijah he is 9 1/2 months old. I am a stay at home mom. I love to bake and make tshirts for the kids. I'm closer to my mil than I am to my mom.

We love going to the beach and taking the kids to aquarium.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I'm Kristin. I'm 28 and live in MN.

I've been married 5 years & we have 3 kids. Pierce is 4, Scarlet is 2 and Emmett is 9mo.

I work part time (about 10 hours/week) and am a sahm. My hubby is an architectural engineer & in the army reserves.

I like shopping, knitting, cooking swimming & reading.

I use cloth diapers, breastfeed & wear my babies.

As a family we like to watch movies, go to parks & go out to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM
We like to go to the aquarium too!

Quoting 2timezthefun:

I'm Chey I have been with my husband Chris since high school . We have been together 9 years and married for 4. We have 4 children . Twin girls Riley and Cameron they are two. Two boys Caden who is two and adopted and Elijah he is 9 1/2 months old. I am a stay at home mom. I love to bake and make tshirts for the kids. I'm closer to my mil than I am to my mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I live in MN also.

Quoting FarmMom383:

My name is katie, i am 19 weeks and 6 days (yay almost half way there).  I am the middle child, two sisters.  I live in MN but grew up in WI.  I like the outdoors, i ride horse, live and work on a farm.  my SO has a 10 year old daughter who i consider my own.  I am a cosmetologist for 8 years but no longer use my degree.  I have degrees in Psychology, child development, and business admin., however i use none ( i know it is weird) i love working on the farm to much.  I have lots of hobbies which my friends call "old lady hobbies"  i knit, quilt, paint, draw, crochet, and scrap book to name a few.  cant wait to see if i am the only one who likes the "old lady hobbies"!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM
The kids love it and I do too thank God I have them as an excuse to go lol

Quoting kmqw229:

We like to go to the aquarium too!

Quoting 2timezthefun:

fkh8ah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Im 26

I have an older brother and sister

I work with horses and fish alot outside of pregnancy (i love being outside)

I have 4 kids:

Son will be 10 Apr. 14th(Dillon)

Oldest daughter is 5
(Ryleigh)
Next oldest will be 4 Apr. 21st.
(Aeryn)
Youngest is 2
(Emma)
Due May 17th with number 5 (will be my last)

I have been with DH for 6 years..my 3 girls and this one are his biological my son is his step son.

I live in Texas

:-)
mrsevewat1
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Hello ladies! :)
my name is Maya, married to Matthew (we were known as m&m, lol) for 7yrs in June, together for 9.

I have two boys (Anthony 14 and Donovan 4, with the third and last boy, Julian Michael coming in July)

I moved here to Indiana two years ago so my husband could b near his mother but am moving closer to home-Pennsylvania before this baby comes. Im so homesick I can't stand it. Lol.

I am a sahm for the time being but am itching to go back to work after this lo is born as a medical assistant. I miss working so very much for many reasons.

We love to swim and do it at least twice a week. I love reading and taking pictures-nothing serious just with any camera, most times its my phone but I get some good ones-lol. I like to do puzzles as well and am trying to make my first scrapbook.

I am the oldest of my fathers kids and the middle of my mothers kids-if that makes any sense. My parents were never married to each other. So I have a HUGE family and can't wait to be back near them.

Its nice to meet u all. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN