Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Challenge-find someone you have something in common with

Posted by   + Show Post

Today I issue you each a challenge- Find someone (or even a couple someones), you have something in common with in this post.

All you need to do is tell us about you, then read the other replies and 'Quote' and 'Like' replies from the moms you have something in common with.

Maybe you are due in the same month, maybe you share the same name, maybe you have something the same in your backgrounds, whatever it is, let's see what you have in common.

I'll start-

My name is Jenn-wife to a wonderful man for the past 13 1/2 years. I'm mom to three kids- Benjamin is 9, Levi is 7 and Rebekah is 1. We live in central PA with our black lab mix-Belle. 

In our spare time we like to camp, hike, ride bikes, enjoy campfires, board games and wii.

I also enjoy sewing and reading when I'm not spending time with my family.

I grew up not far from where we live now and I have two sisters-I'm the middle brat (my sisters will agree, lol). My parents have been married 44 years and are more in love now than they were back then. 

I've previously worked in several retail and grocery stores, as a teller in a bank and as an administrative assistant for a cemetery. 

Are you up for the challenge? It's your turn :)

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
MichaelsMom0711
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

My name is Margaret, I am 26 from Chicago and have a little boy Michael who is 20 months old and another little boy on the way due July 22nd, a little over a week after his big brother's 2nd birthday! I work as a legal assistant at a pretty busy law firm. My SO and I have been together 10 years since i was 16 and he was 18. I am an only child but have a huge extended family and Im very close with my mom, aunt and uncle especially but with alot of great aunts and uncles and cousins too. My SO also has a huge family so my little guys have plenty of play mates!

2timezthefun
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I'm always busy I feel like I make plans for the next day even in my sleep. When we adopted Caden the girls were going in 6 months. Adoption wasn't originally apart of our plan. We had adopted from a "friend" she said she didn't want him at all . We put a lot of thought into it and Caden was supposed to be with us . I didnt even know we were missing a puzzle piece until we adopted him . Only thing I would do differently is not adopt from a friend

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Wow you have three 2 year olds. I'm sure they keep you very busy. 

We'd like to adopt a child but we're not sure if the time is right to or not. Could I ask what made you decide to adopt?

What kind of t-shirts do you make? Show us a picture.

Quoting 2timezthefun:

I'm Chey I have been with my husband Chris since high school . We have been together 9 years and married for 4. We have 4 children . Twin girls Riley and Cameron they are two. Two boys Caden who is two and adopted and Elijah he is 9 1/2 months old. I am a stay at home mom. I love to bake and make tshirts for the kids. I'm closer to my mil than I am to my mom.

We love going to the beach and taking the kids to aquarium.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yroder2003
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM
LOVE the walking dead.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Im Paula, married to a wonderful man 18 years my senior :). I have 2 beautiful girls, Adia (6) and Izzy (4)from a previous relationship. My husband and I are expecting Evageline on May 21st. He will be a first time father at age 48 so hes pretty damn excited. Dh is in grad school for Sociology and I am a stay at home mom working at opening my own restaurant. Dh and I love music....from punk to old school rap, to jazz, to rocka/psychobilly to folk. We love to dance. We also both love Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. And we have a mutual love of body modifications and thrift store shopping/picking

I personally enjoy reading, cooking, pin-up photography (model and collector), comic books, gardening, anything outdoors, and beer/wine.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I'm a middle child too! Just I have two brothers. I grew up not far from where I live now too.... Well around an hour away. It's the farthest I've lived from my childhood home, which I lived in for the first 20 years of my life.

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I'm Stacy and I'm 23. We live in MI. We have been married just shy of 2 years and have one dd (16 mo) and one on the way.

It seems like we have a bit in common. :)

Quoting kmqw229:

I'm Kristin. I'm 28 and live in MN.

I've been married 5 years & we have 3 kids. Pierce is 4, Scarlet is 2 and Emmett is 9mo.

I work part time (about 10 hours/week) and am a sahm. My hubby is an architectural  mechanical engineer & in the army reserves.

I like shopping, knitting, cooking swimming & reading.

I use cloth diapers, breastfeed & wear my babies.

As a family we like to watch movies, go to parks & go out to eat.

jerricalynn
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Lets see...i am Jerrica im 24 my birthday is 1/13/89. im not married but i have a great bf. the mother to Iyza shes 6yrs old. oh im expecting number two oct 1st!

My dream is to become a RN.

I like being with my family, listening to music, going to the beach, walking, going out/staying in, i love coffee ( i miss it ), 

I live in Detroit Michigan but i was born in north Carolina :))

H&H PREGNANCIES TO ALL

jerricalynn
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM

We also live in mi

Quoting sj3starz:

I'm Stacy and I'm 23. We live in MI. We have been married just shy of 2 years and have one dd (18 mo) and one on the way.

Quoting kmqw229:

I've been married 5 years & we have 3 kids. Pierce is 4, Scarlet is 2 and Emmett is 9mo.

I work part time (about 10 hours/week) and am a sahm. My hubby is an architectural  mechanical engineer & in the army reserves.

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM

We were both born in 89 (though I'm in November). I live in the Metro-Detroit area. Oakland County to be a little more specific. Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm due April 19th. How long have you been in MI?

Quoting jerricalynn:

Lets see...i am Jerrica im 24 my birthday is 1/13/89. im not married but i have a great bf. the mother to Iyza shes 6yrs old. oh im expecting number two oct 1st!

I like being with my family, listening to music, going to the beach, walking, going out/staying in, i love coffee ( i miss it ), 

H&H PREGNANCIES TO ALL

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Awesome! Thanks BTW for the reply. You allowed me to notice my typo from the last post. My dd is 16 mo, not 18! lol She'll be 18 months soon enough, I don't need to rush it.

Quoting jerricalynn:

We also live in mi

Quoting sj3starz:

I'm Stacy and I'm 23. We live in MI. We have been married just shy of 2 years and have one dd (18 mo) and one on the way.

Quoting kmqw229:

jerricalynn
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM

awe congrats on yours also! um since the 4th grade...ive live in sterling heights, taylor, madison heights, warren, shelby township, now detroit. How about you??

Quoting sj3starz:

We were both born in 89 (though I'm in November). I live in the Metro-Detroit area. Oakland County to be a little more specific. Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm due April 19th. How long have you been in MI?

Quoting jerricalynn:

H&H PREGNANCIES TO ALL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)