Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take them?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 18 Replies
Would you take your kids with you to find out the gender of your baby IF you were keeping it a secret for another week? My kids are 5 and almost 3. We're going Friday and I really want them there to see it and there to hear the gender but then again I don't want them to spill the beans to everyone before Easter. :) This is an elective one I'm getting so they could go to my anatomy at 22 weeks. Normally, this wouldn't be a question, but I just don't want the cat out of the bag until we reveal!

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

baby
 BabyFruit Ticker

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg4763
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Be careful, lol. I had to bribe my 6yo to not reveal the gender for just a few hours!!  I took my little boy with us to the elective one, and he didn't seem too interested. But, he wanted to tell everyone it was a girl right after.  We talk to family on the phone all the time, and I wouldn't even let him on the phone bc I knew he would tell or the would ask bf we wanted to surprise everyone later that night and the next day. :)

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM

If you have another one at 22 weeks I'd wait to take them

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Depends, can your kids keep a secret? lol. 

5tyli5hLensT
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Kids forget lol they will get excited and tell everyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krissiemj
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Kids under 10 are not allowed at the ultrasounds at my clinic. I actually liked that it was just DH and me.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My four year kept the whole thing a secret until gave him the ok. You know your kids better than we do. If you don't think they can hold the secret don't take them.
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Personally, I am not comfortable with the risk of elective ultrasounds and follow ACOG and AIMU guidelines, so I only get the twenty week scan unless medically indicated. 

itty88
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My kids are 5 and 3 and we won't even tell them the baby name because we don't want people to know till birth. We did just tell them we were having a girl about 32 weeks, other people did know but they really didn't care or grasp the concept till it got closer. Good luck! The tech can tell you without them knowing have them spell it. Lol

fkh8ah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Id wait and take em to the next one...they get so easily excited at that age and i agree they are liable to forget and tell
Clemency3
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

yea I think that might be pushing it. We told our kids that I was pregnant..but they were the only ones we wanted to tell..now everyone knows and that was mostly done by my 5 year old..my 8 year old never said a word lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured