Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bitter sweet news.

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
I went in for my 36week check up today and the doctor told me something that shocked me. The baby is in possition and cervix is soft. But he also said this baby might be here earlier than expected! I have bought the major items for my baby like the stroller, car seat, bassinet, swing, changing table etc... but no baby clothes! I can't believe that I have only a few baby clothes that my sister gave me but its not new born clothes so now that the doctor has said that if I do go to term I anyways only have 4 weeks left. I have been thinking I still have time when in reality 4 weeks goes by so quickly. I am in shock mode. This is all so real now. I am feeling nervous and excited. I deffinately feel unprepared too. I have a 3 year old as well and I did not feel this way when he was almost due.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pacificamom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM

eeeeek! so close!

avaana06
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Get to the store, girl! :)

sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Oh yeah but even closer if this baby is actually here before her due date. Yikes.

Quoting pacificamom:

eeeeek! so close!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jwdv822
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Sounds like you get to do some shopping! You should check out local consignment shops.. there's a few here with REALLY nice baby stuff for a lot less and the clothing is in mint condition. :)

sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I know I have to hurry it up lol. Plus I'm moving from house to house next week omg this is kind of bad timing lol.

Quoting avaana06:

Get to the store, girl! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I hadn't thought of consignment stores but its a great idea thanks. I got a few items from craigslist like the baby swing. I got it really cheap and in mint condition. The good thing about babies is that they only use the items for very short time since they out grow everything fast.

Quoting jwdv822:

Sounds like you get to do some shopping! You should check out local consignment shops.. there's a few here with REALLY nice baby stuff for a lot less and the clothing is in mint condition. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:56 PM

4 weeks can go fast or it can drag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN