Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Body changes

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, so this is definitely a superficial thing that I am "worried" about but it is still bothering me. I have always had small breasts and kind of looked forwward to pregnancy as being a natural enhancement even if for a few months and despite stretch marks since the only people to see that much of breasts anyway is me and my husband. Much to my disappointment, I have at 37 weeks and am just not that much bigger than when I started-solid A/small B to a regular/generous B. Not much of a change and I have stretch marks...what the heck? I don't really care that they are there, I just would feel more well-deserved of them if I felt like I had actually grown a bunch.

Now I know that the size of breasts doesn't really matter when it comes to breast feeding (which I plan to do) but I'm just wondering if there are others out there who had a similar experience. Maybe you can offer some words of encouragement like because your breasts didn't grown that much, they weren't as saggy afterwards as a result? I've read enough comments of people with similar problems getting responses like," just be glad you didn't get huge, I went from a B to a DD" or whatever, that is just not helpful as I wanted to get, maybe not huge, but noticably bigger!

I know I shouldn't be complaining especially since my pregnancy (1st one) has been super easy, almost boring. I've gained some weight all around but I am mostly all baby-which for the most part, I am happy with, it will making losing the baby weight a bit easier. I was just excited for a change!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
phreddy1
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I have to say, I don't feel bad. And there is a better reason than I went from a B to a DD. I had a breast reduction when I was 17. I was DDD and I went down to a C. Over the next few years I went back up to a DD, and now, being 35 weeks pregnant I am a GG. I had back surgery last year, I've had scoliosis since I was 8, I have had horrible horrible back problems because of my boobs, I can't run because they hit me in the chin (it's okay, it's funny) and you really REALLY don't want big boobs. I promise! I have tried to cut them off, literally I have, and they grew back (in pregnancy) with a vengance.

With that said, when you give birth, your milk will come in, and your boobs will get huge over night. So, look forward to that lol! I hope you find happiness with what you get, I am completely envious!

jesuschild06
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Not sure what mine will be like (I went from an A to a B as well) but my friend only grew a cup and she's not saggy. But she didn't breastfeed either. And I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. However boobs also did not go back down in size.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TeamBecker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I started out during my 1st pregnancy with a very small size B (what one bra company called a barley B lol) I have had 2 pregnancies so far and am at the beginning of #3. My boobs are now a large C and while preggo a D. Everyone told me they would go back to their reg size but mine never did. I liked my small breast size but hubby likes the change that never left lol. Good luck and remember you are perfect no matter what.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

With my first I did not grow till after she was born. Then boom they were there. My other two they grew a bit but it was not till they were born and went boom. I went from a C cup to a F and with my third an H. Which was to big for me. They sag know but I also know that pregnancy can do that and has nothing to do with breastfeeding.

I know some that never change at all. Everyone is so different. My SIL gets big too and got small when she was done breastfeeding. But  hers don't sag. It is so weird at times how different everyone is.

jwdv822
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs I'm sorry to hear that! It's frustrating when you have an idea in your head of how things will be and then it doesn't turn out. I was overweight when I got pregnant, but I've actually lost 8 pounds (and I'm 29 weeks)... my belly is definitely shaped differently than before, but most of the time I just feel like I look like I have a beer belly rather than pregnant.. and people who are insensitive on these boards (and life) are just... well, just the people to ignore. I learned that the hard way.  I hope you don't get too discouraged! But maybe you won't have as many complications with breastfeeding and engorgement? Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)