Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

28 wks pregnant with twins and dilated 2.5cm

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 24 Replies
My sister is pregnant with twin girls. She had her high risk appt today and they checked her and shes dilated 2.5. The babies weigh 2lbs12oz and 2lbs10oz and both head down (which could possibly change) She was told no lifting or sexual intercourse...im really worried about her bc those little babies need to stay in there for at least 6 more wks the dr said. Everything else was good. The babies look great, her weight is good, blood pressure is good. She is so miserable already. What are the chances she will carry the babies to 34 weeks at least or further? Does anyone have any experience with this kinda situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

She can be dilated for a long time or she could go now. Really no way to know for sure. Every pregnancy is different.

JennyLee24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Thats what i thought..i just didnt know if maybe this is normal with twins...to be dilated so early.

Quoting Raeann11:

She can be dilated for a long time or she could go now. Really no way to know for sure. Every pregnancy is different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Yes for any pregnancy it can be. My friend that had twins was dilated at 28 weeks. Not much and the only reason she was checked because she was having contractions and they were trying to get them to stop. The best thing was she never changed in the 6 hours of having them and they then slowed down and stopped.

Quoting JennyLee24:

Thats what i thought..i just didnt know if maybe this is normal with twins...to be dialated so early.

Quoting Raeann11:

JennyLee24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
They check my sister everytime she goes to her high risk dr...which is every 2 wks fixing to be every week. If my sister was having contractions shes the type a person that would just look over it and keep going..shes like a dang energizer bunny and idk how. Shes chasing after 2 little girls already..she has a 3 and 4 yr old. Im glad your friends contractions stopped..its no time to be having babies at 28 wks. My sis said they she had been feeling alot of pressure down there and her bellys been real tight..i think she had a feeling she was already dilated.

Quoting Raeann11:

Yes for any pregnancy it can be. My friend that had twins was dilated at 28 weeks. Not much and the only reason she was checked because she was having contractions and they were trying to get them to stop. The best thing was she never changed in the 6 hours of having them and they then slowed down and stopped.

Quoting JennyLee24:

Thats what i thought..i just didnt know if maybe this is normal with twins...to be dialated so early.

Quoting Raeann11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamBecker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I had my twins at 30 weeks. They were just under 4 lbs and only had to stay in NICU for 3.5 weeks while they learned to drink. I was put on bed rest starting at 28 weeks.  Lots and lots of rest. Only get upt ea tor pee. After the 1st week the dr allowed hubby to take me for a wheelchair walk once a day.

JennyLee24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Were u dilated? What caused ur labor so early?

Quoting TeamBecker:

I had my twins at 30 weeks. They were just under 4 lbs and only had to stay in NICU for 3.5 weeks while they learned to drink. I was put on bed rest starting at 28 weeks.  Lots and lots of rest. Only get upt ea tor pee. After the 1st week the dr allowed hubby to take me for a wheelchair walk once a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamBecker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I was placed on bed rest because there was a small leak in one of the waters and I was starting to dialate and have contractions. They put me on a magnesium drip (which was aweful) to stop labor. However the night before they were going to send me back home, we were hit with an inland hurricane and the sdden change in air pressure caused the water to break fully. They were born via c section by flash lights due to the power going out. It was an adventure lol.

Quoting JennyLee24:

Quoting TeamBecker:

JennyLee24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
O wow! Im glad everything went well for u tho. How old are they now? Boys or girls or both?

Quoting TeamBecker:

I was placed on bed rest because there was a small leak in one of the waters and I was starting to dialate and have contractions. They put me on a magnesium drip (which was aweful) to stop labor. However the night before they were going to send me back home, we were hit with an inland hurricane and the sdden change in air pressure caused the water to break fully. They were born via c section by flash lights due to the power going out. It was an adventure lol.

Quoting JennyLee24:

Quoting TeamBecker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamBecker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

They will be 4 on May 8th. They are boys and they are super healthy and typical hyper, goofy, kindhearted boys. They were kind of young when their little sister was born but now that we are expecting again they are being super cute about it. They have to kiss the baby bely goodnight before bed each night.

Quoting JennyLee24:

O wow! Im glad everything went well for u tho. How old are they now? Boys or girls or both?

Quoting TeamBecker:

Quoting JennyLee24:

Quoting TeamBecker:

JennyLee24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Awww..now thats adorable! U are certainly blessed. :) Im expecting as well..im 20wks today and find out what im having tomorrow. I have a 6 yr old dd and 4 yr old dd. When my sister got pregnant..it inspired me i guess u could say. Lol..were 2 months apart.

Quoting TeamBecker:

They will be 4 on May 8th. They are boys and they are super healthy and typical hyper, goofy, kindhearted boys. They were kind of young when their little sister was born but now that we are expecting again they are being super cute about it. They have to kiss the baby bely goodnight before bed each night.

Quoting JennyLee24:

Quoting TeamBecker:

Quoting JennyLee24:

Quoting TeamBecker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)