Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should I be worried? Movement

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hello I am 20 weeks and my baby has been kicking twirling and moving like crazy last week I'd say, but then last couple days I still feel her sometimes but movements have definitely decreased! I don't know if I should be worried about this or not. Thank you all in advance :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jwdv822
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM

When my daughter wasn't moving as much as normal I called the hospital and they told me to drink a glass of soda (with caffeine), or juice and then lay on my left side in a quiet, dark room and count how many times she kicked in an hour. If it's less than 10, you should go get checked out. :)

KayelynnsMama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I am 26 weeks. I always joke around and tell everyone that I'm having a ninja baby, because she is ALWAYS kicking and flipping. Yesterday was just one of those days where she hardly moved at all. Just being lazy and sleeping I guess, because today she's back at it. I know most doctors will tell you not to worry about how much baby moves until around 28 weeks.

You can always try drinking some soda or juice and laying on your left side for 30 minutes or so to see if that gets the baby moving. If you're worried though, you can always call your doctor and see if you can make an appointment or go to labor and delivery just to get some peace of mind. Good luck!!

MrsHill12
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Thank you
blueskies139
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM
No need to worry. Ur not far enough along yet to be worried. Baby is not big enough yet where u will feel everything. They don't usually have u pay attention for decreased movement til u make it to the third trimester
misskrys86
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I agree, no need to really worry, I'm about a month ahead of ya, and I was in the same boat. Started feeling her around 18 weeks, and it seemed like she slowed down around 20, now I feel her every hour or so at least. If you're concerned do as the other ladies said, drink something sweet and lay down, I'm sure you'll feel her again.  It's just difficult to feel them constantly that early.

CafeMom Tickers

Clemency3
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

They say to lay down and eat something sugary. After a little you should feel movement. But regardless I have been told that as long as you feel movement periodically through out the day then you are good. it's when there is no movement for so many hours, (forget the hrs i was told) that they start to worry. 

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

as long as you feel her I think it is OK :)

MrsHill12
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Thanks everyone.. I ended up feeling her and she moved 7 times in a minute' ! And I have felt her a little today too so I guess it was just two days of rest for her lol... Pregnancy can sure make you so much nervous than usual!!!
SMDufour
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I am 20 weeks as well, and generally for the last 2 weeks,  baby moves CONSTANTLY - like all day long.  But the odd day he/she doesn't move often and I kinda start to worry but then realize that it's still too early to do kick counts.  But if I was truly concerned I would definitely get it checked out as well...

FarmMom383
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

i wouldnt worry, they are always moving you just done feel them all the time.  they are like little gymnists (sp?) in there, technically they do not kick yet they are just rolling around, the farther along you get the more consistant the movement will become.  my doctor gave me a log that tells how much baby should move when so i can keep a diary and call if i have any weird patterens. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN