Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy with NO Medical Intervention???

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 36 Replies

Have YOU or anyone YOU KNOW ever gone thru a pregnancy without medical intervention?

Without an OB/GYN?

How did it go?

Would you recommend?

**Im just curious, no need for flipping out or bashing please

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM

No, but it happens a lot in my hometown with the Mexican immigrants.

mommy9164
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM

i have a midwife, no ob, its been very natural so far, i opted out of alot of tests, and didnt have a "real" ultrasound

April_Mommy_87
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM

a lady i worked with never went to the doctor and she had problems during delivery

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a homebirthing midiwife. Its very hands off, no medical interventions! Wonderful stuff, HIGHLY recommend it!

3boysngirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Yep my bil girlfriend she didn't see the doctor until 5 months pregnant. Now she is pregnant again and 4 months and no insurance. Can't afford the 2 that she has they never seen the dentist and not up to date with there shots. And lives with in laws house in 1 room the list goes on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trin123
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM

My sister did that and she had a baby that was less then a pound and she almost died because she had an issue that a doctor would have caught.

BTW this is not bashing but if you live in the USA then not having insurance is not a reason for not getting help. There are lots of programs out there. Now if its a personal choice and you do not want it for spiritual or other reasons thats a different issue. But personally I would not risk it. Especially if your not a super healthy person to begin with.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I have known several!  : ) I have never heard of any of my acquaintances that have UP/UC'ed having any problems. I have known some that transferred, but it went well, because they were educated and stood their ground. You can go to the group Birth is Normal, to get more info aobut UP/UC'ing. : ) Best of luck! 

Mzwest83
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I didn't with my first. Went into labor at 26 weeks. My dd was only1 lb 14oz. Not sure if any of it could have been avoided if I saw the doctor but at least I could have said I did everything right

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

And don't listen to these horror stories! They are about women who were not taking care of themselves in a lot of different ways and were not making the conscience decision to UP/UC. If you go this route, you purchase your own urine dip sticks to track if you have sugars, blood or protein in your urine, regularly. And monitor your vitals/weight regularly. And seek help if an issue comes up. It takes a lot of reading and education to be confident enough to handle your prenatal care and it should not be taken lightly, but is a perfectly legal and viable option. 

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
In some areas it is not legal so becareful. Cps will get involved after the baby is born.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN